2. hat is INTERNET ?hy do we need INTERNETorld Wide Web,Web browser, URL,Web Site.ow to access internetow to bookmark websitesrvices provided by Internet.
3. largest network which connects the computer networks around the.arrangement of connecting two or more computers is called auter network
4. WHY DO WE NEED INTERNETFor getting and sharing information•Education•Communication•Medical•Entertainment•Etc
5. a system of interlinked hypertext documents accessed viaInternet.Most important service provided by Internet.n internet-based hypermedia initiative for global informationaring.
6. WEB BROWSERis a software application used to enable computer users toocate and access web pages.some familiar common web browsers:.Mozilla FireFox.Netscape Navigator.Microsoft Internet Explorer
7. also known as web address, is a specific character string that constitutesreference to a resource.“Address” of a file on the Internetthe URL of a web page is displayed on top inside an address bar.Exampleshttp://www.cep.ac.inhttp://www.cusat.ac.inhttp://keralapsc.orgUNIFORM RESOURCE LOCATOR
8. is a set of related web pages served from a single webdomain.A website is hosted on at least one web server, accessible vianetwork such as the Internet or a private local areanetwork through an Internet address known as a UniformResource Locator.All publicly accessible websites collectively constitutehe World Wide Web.
9. HOW TO ACCESS INTERNET.Check the internet connection.If the connection is available ,open a browser and enter the web address
10. HOW TO BOOKMARK WEBSITESnd a Web page you want to save.While youre viewing it, open the Bookmarks menulick Add Bookmarkscreate a bookmark, click on the star icon in the LocationThe star will turn yellow and a bookmark for the page youre onbe created in the Unsorted Bookmarks folder. Thats it!
11. Electronic Mail (e-mail)World Wide WebInternet TelephoneNews Groups
12. hat is the relationship between the web and the Internet?he Internet contains physical componentsmputerstworksrviceshe Internet connects thousands of computers across the world,it is the web that allows communication to occureb - abstraction and common set of services on top of theerneteb - set of protocols and tools that let us share information withh other
13. SESSION 2-OBJECTIVESWhat is Search Engine ?How to Choose Search Engine.How to use Search Engines and save pages to a file.How do you search images from internet and save it to a folder?Search tips and TricksSpecialized Search Engines
14. esigned to assist you in searching through the enormousount of information on the Webch engine is a large database which utilizes different searchhniques and tools to build indexes to the Internet.x:Google,Bing,Yahoo,Ask,Altavista
15. nsiderize of the databaseurrency of the database (updates)earch interfaceelp screensearch featuresesults listed (number of documents retrieved)elevance of results
16. W TO USE SEARCH ENGINES AND SAVEGES TO A FILE.Open a web browserEnter the web address of any search engineThen enter the item that you want to searchIf you want to save the desired result in to a folder or fileuse the toolbar that provided in the browser and save
17. W DO YOU SEARCH IMAGES FROMERNET AND SAVE IT TO A FOLDER?
18. SEARCH TIPS AND TRICKS.Be Specific.Search by specific file type and extensionEx: Syntax: time in PLACEebooks -freebash examples OR programsdefine: Search Enginesqrt(10)kg in pound
19. SPECIALIZED SEARCH ENGINESialized Search Engines are the tools which help searching more specificmation unlike general purpose search engines .www.soople.com
20. UBJECT-SPECIFIC SEARCHNGINESnot index entire webus within specific Websites/pages within defined subject area,raphical area, type of resourcempaniesmpanies Online (http://www.companiesonline.com/)vers Online (http://www.hoovers.com/)l Street Research Net (http://www.wsrn.com/)
21. le (E-mail and Phone)oot (http://bigfoot.com/)oWhere? (http://www.whowhere.lycos.com)oo! People Search (http://people.yahoo.com/)tchboard.Com (http://www.switchboard.com)gesAmazing Picture Machine (http://www.ncrtec.org/picture.htm)os Image Gallery (http://www.lycos.com/picturethis/)bSeek (http://disney.ctr.columbia.edu/webseek/)oo! Image Surfer (http://ipix.yahoo.com/)
23. alth/Medicinehoo (http://www.achoo.com/)oMedNet (http://www.bmn.com/)mbined Health Information Databasep://chid.nih.gov/)ayo Clinic Health Oasis (http://www.mayohealth.org/)dical World Search (http://www.mwsearch.com/)Health (http://www.onhealth.com)
24. Education/Childrens SitesAOL NetFind Kids Only (http://www.aol.com/netfind/kids/)Blue Webn (http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/bluewebn/)Education World (http://www.education-world.com/)Kid Info (http://www.kidinfo.com/)Kids Domain (http://www.kidsdomain.com)KidsClick! (http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/KidsClick!/)Yahooligans! (http://www.yahooligans.com)