1. Engage, Interact and Grow with Social Media A Review of Best Practices
2. Welcome!! Allan Pulga, Manager of Communications @poonisms! Farshid Zavosh, Manager of Partner Programs @farsh_tweetsFormat:• 30 min presentation: Social Media strategy and best practices• 20 min open discussion: What has worked for you?• We’ll also post a follow-up “Social Media Cheat Sheet” of highlights from this presentation on iQmetrix.com/events/ retail-summit
3. iQmetrix’s Audiences
4. Who are your company’s audiences? • Customers • Partners • Potential Employees • Advertisers? • Who else? • How can you provide value to your audience?
5. Which social networks does iQ use? iQ Blog iQmetrix.com/industry- news-and-views
6. Marketing ≠ Social media
7. Your brand personalityHow do youwant customersto perceive you? ss
8. Which social networks should you use? Your Company
9. Social media growthBuild Reach Conversation Collaboration Relationship Management
10. The key isto listen…
11. Social media:Listening
12. Social media: Timing
13. The key is to listen…
14. Social Media: Tracking Results! Campaign Reach! Frequency! Social Reach! Clicks! Actions
15. Twitter best practices:! Short handle! HootSuite or TweetDeck! Repeat your tweets; time of day! Use hashtags; see what’s trending! URL shortener (e.g. bitly.com)! Follow back! Twitter lists
16. Twitter by the numbers:! 140M+ users! 55% use Twitter on mobile, 40% growth by Q! Users send 1B Tweets every 3 days! 60% of users tweet; 100% are listening.! 79% follow brands to get exclusive content.! Super Bowl 2012 , 1/5 ads had a hashtag.! Promoted Tweets: avg. engagement 1-3%
19. Social media is not your brand’ssavior.! Don’t put all your eggs in the social media basket; complement existing channels.! Human matters: Your customers still want answers over the phone and in-store service and support.
20. Social media is not your brand’ssavior.
21. Originality & Authenticity“The opportunity lies in doing things diﬀerently. Invest ingreat content based on real insights and stay ﬂexible.”-Seth Simonds, Social Innovation Director, Mullen advertising agency (viaAdvertising Age)“People want to deal with people, not companies. Whencompanies tweet in a human voice, in a meaningful way, theycan establish relationships that are stronger than on othersocial platforms because they are in real time and ongoing.”- B.L. Ochman , President, Whatsnextonline.com
22. “Social engagement is the newSEO.” – Fast Company! Google’s new algorithms (Aug. 2012) consider your brand’s appearance in social media interactions (both peer-peer and peer-brand) when determining your website’s rank.
23. “This is what social really needs to be: a method ofcreating real value for customers, connecting themdeeply and eﬃciently with the information theyneed to become – and then stay – satisﬁed, long-term customers of the companies and brands thatmatter to them.” – Tom Kelly, President and CEO, Moxie Software (via Forbes)
24. Questions?Fire away! (20 minutes for Q&A)• Our question for you: How has your company successfully used social media to drive sales, engagement and repeat business?• Email/tweet additional questions or best practices to: AllanP@iQmetrix.com @poonisms FarshidZ@iQmetrix.com @farsh_tweets
25. iQ Social Media Cheat Sheet! Scan for highlights of this presentation: