1. BRIDGE THEARTIST DANCE  A collaboration between Adams Works EDUCATION   & iKapa Dance Theatre FILM
2. SUMMARYPROJECT NAME: Bridge The ArtistWHO: Adams Works & iKapa Dance TheatrePROJECT TYPE: 501 (c) (3) – Non Profit (your contribution is tax deductible)BUDGET : R120 000CONTACT Theo Ndindwa 073 937 7558 email@example.com www.ikapadancetheatre.co.za The Adams Brothers have waived all their fees, donating the licensing of their work, creatinga new work, and teaching in our Education Program. The value of their work for this project is R230 000 They have also collected over a 150 pairs of new ballet pointe shoes donated by friends in the USA, which they’re donating to iKapa. The value of these dance shoes in South Africa is R110 000
3. To Whom it May ConcernMy name is Theo Ndindwa, Artistic and Executive Director of iKapa Dance Theatre. I am originally fromGugulethu, trained and worked in London, and returned to Cape Town in 2007 to start my own Companyand School.I am writing to request your kind support for this very innovative new project entitled “Bridge The Artist”The Adams Brothers (Christopher and Warren) are South Africans who are based in New York City. Theywork on Broadway, in Hollywood, with Disney, and with some of the most prestigious Dance and Operacompanies around the world.iKapa has been trying for years to bring these brothers to Cape Town to create new work for us, and to teachin our Community. Finally in 2012, their schedules permit them to do so.We could normally not afford International Artists of this caliber, but the Adams Brothers have agreed towaive all their fees, donate their work, and spend two months (April/May 2012) with us here in Cape TownIn 2008 Warren Adams choreographed the critically acclaimed work “The Audacious One”, based onPresident Barack Obama’s speech in 2004. This work has premiered in the USA and the UK. Now for thefirst time, we have the opportunity to premier that work right here in Cape Town.These brothers would be a huge asset to iKapa Dance Theatre and the City of Cape Town. I ask you to pleaseconsider helping us make this dream project become a reality by assisting iKapa Dance Theatre.Thank you very much for taking the time. Your support would be greatly appreciated.Sincerely,Theo Ndindwa
4. WHAT IS BRIDGE THE ARTIST? President Nelson Mandela Lady Anya Sainsbury CBEThis is a journey that began in 1994 when President Nelson Mandela met Lady Anya Sainsburyat his Inauguration Party. Six months later Warren Adams won the Mandela/Sainsbury scholarship,leaving South Africa to study in London.  This same scholarship was awarded to Theo Ndindwa in2000 and to Christopher Adams in 2001.These three South African Artists embarked on highly successful international careers, but always heldclose the words Mandela shared with Lady Anya Sainsbury, “Train our South African Artists, and oneday they shall return to share their gifts and experiences with us”. That is the focus of Bridge TheArtist.The Adams Brothers are coming back to South Africa for two months in April 2012 to fulfill Mandelasvision alongside Theo Ndindwa, who has established iKapa Dance Theatre in Cape Town.
5. ADAMS WORKS Adams Works is a collaboration between South African brothers Warren Adams and Christopher Adams. They are both Linbury Scholarship Winners, and this duo have had successful careers as individuals working in Dance, Opera, Film, TV, Theatre, Media and Education. Together they strive to produce original works in both traditional and non - traditional settings, using movement as their main vehicle to challenge themselves and their audiences.  The both currently reside inChoreographing The View on ABC, With New York City.Michelle Obama Christopher Adams & Warren Adams With President Bill Clinton at an event they Produced
6. iKAPA DANCE THEATRETheo Ndindwa, makes up the 3rd part of this Trio. He wentback to South Africa in 2007 and Founded iKapa DanceTheatre and is the Executive and Artistic Director. The Company iKapa Dance Theatre is a repertoire company producing uniquely South African contemporary dance works that explore current themes appealing to a range of audiences. The company focuses on producing works that are socially relevant and communicate the issues affecting the broader South African Community. The SchooliKapa Education started in 2007 teaching 30 children in astudio. Today they teach over 300 children in thetownships of Gugulethu, Khayelitsha, Philippi and NewCrossroads. They’ve also purchased a vehicle to transporttheir students, and recently acquired their own building inWoodstock, Cape Town.
7. THE WORK- Donating the critically acclaimed work “The Audacious One” to iKapa Dance Theatre- Creating a New Original Work for iKapa Dance Theatre- Establishing a solid program and Teaching 300 students in the iKapa Education program- Producing the Film Documentary “Bridge The Artist” * All this work will take place over a 12 week period ** These works will tour Africa during iKapa’s 2012/2013 Season
8. BUDGET  The value of their fee they’re donating is worth $30 000 (R230 000) They have also collected a 150 pairs of new ballet Point Shoes in the USA to the value of R110 000 which they’re donating to iKapa We thus only have to cover the expenses of this project Expense     Cost   2 flights NYC to Cape Town R25 000 Accommodation for two (8 weeks) R20 000 Car Rental (8 weeks) R30 000 Per Diem R20 000 General Expenses R25 000 Total R120 000 * general expenses - equipment, music, lighting, set, costumes, Videographer, Photographer etc.
9. THE FILM Bridge The Artist The Film Documentary, Bridge The Artist lays the platform for connecting Africa’s finest talent with award winning Domestic and International Mentors in Education and the Performing Arts.The Film will take an in depth look at theimportance Art plays in the lives of theseStudents and Professionals.We’ll see the development of their work,the process of the design team, and why“Building a Bridge” for these youngartists, is so pivotal to their development.
10. Warren Adams BioChoreographer / Adjunct Professor/ EntrepreneurWarren Adams is an award winning International Choreographer and anAdjunct Professor at NYU in the Theatre Department. He is also the Founder ofHome4Dance  (a dance internet company) and VisaPaq  (a company that assistsInternational Artists with their Work Visa application process to the USA)Born and raised in Port Elizabeth South Africa, he won the Mandela /Sainsburyscholarship to study at the Rambert Ballet in London. A graduate of BrunelUniversity in England and winner of the Rudolf Nureyev Award, he has beennominated for the FNB Vita Award for Best Choreographer.He recently choreographed the Opera "Magdalena" at the Theatre du Chatelet inParis, the Pulitzer prize winning play "RUINED", "Toy Story the Musical" forDisney, and Nora Ephrons last film "Julie & Julia" starring Meryl Streep and AmyAdams. His current project is the Pulitzer Prize winning play "How I learned toDrive" in New York City.Other theatrical highlights presented: at 2econd Stage, South Coast Rep, Teatrodu Municipal Sao Paulo, Theatre for a New Audience, The Intiman, The Geffen,New York City Center, and The Joyce.Film and TV: The View starring Ben Vereen (ABC), The Windrush Gala and TheSportsbank Documentary (BBC) and Top Billing (South African Broadcasting). Healso worked on the film Bewitched starring Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell.
11. Christopher Adams BioDancer / Choreographer / TeacherChristopher Adams is a freelance Contemporary Dancer inNew York City. He has worked with Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet,Sidra Bell Dance, Ballet X, and Compagnie Julie Bour.Born and raised in South Africa, he trained with Ballet TheatreAfrikan and the Johannesburg National School of the Arts. In 2001 hewas awarded the Mandela/Sainsbury scholarship to study at theRambert School in London.After graduating, he joined Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet in NewYork City where he worked with renowned Choreographers likeDidy Veldman, Jill Johnson, Stijin Celis and Ohad Naharin.In 2010 he became the Associate Choreographer and Principaldancer in the production “Magdalena” at Theatre du Chatelet in Paris.In 2011 he joined Zvi Dance Company on their International Tour ofPoland and Israel, and most recently danced in the prestigious NewYork Metropolitan Opera’s productions of Don Giovanni, Faust,Tales of Hoffmann, Aida and Madame Butterfly.