1. Introducing BusinessAnalysis, IT Business Analyst & UML B Y E D G A R K H A C H AT R YA N RUSSIA , SAINT PETERSBURG, FEBRUARY 2012
2. Problem and SolutionWhere is the problem?
3. Exercise - Order Kitchen Furniture Order your Left and Right friends Kitchen Furniture Write down order descriptions of Kitchen Furniture of your Right and Left Friends Take orders Description Furniture from your Right and Left friends and compare
4. Where is BA Business NeedsSoftware Technical Project Team Business + IT
5. Stakeholders ViewpointBusiness Team ViewpointTechnical Team ViewpointBridging the Viewpoints
6. Goal of Business Analysis Reduce waste Create solutions Complete projects on time Improve efficiency Document the right requirements
7. Business Analysis Sub-Disciplines Enterprise analysis or company analysis Requirements planning and management Requirements elicitation Requirements analysis and documentation Requirements communication Solution assessment and validation
8. Business Analyst - 1 Analyze customers information, IT professionals & executives Elicit the needs (not desires) of stakeholders Work to facilitate communication between organizational units Align business needs with the capabilities delivered by IT Serve as a “translator” between stakeholders
9. Business Analyst - 2 A Business Analyst is IT responsible for knowing Team what the goal of a project is, how to achieve it, Business managing any changes to Analyst the goal and ensuring that all deliverables are aligned with the goal. Business Team
10. Role of BA During Project - 1 Initiation It’s the role of the BA to clearly identify the problem that the business is experiencing and to map out what a possible solution would look like. Analysis During this phase the BA will also work with the development team and, in particular, an Architect, to create the design and define exactly what the solution should look like.
11. Role of BA During Project - 2 Development BA needs to step up their meetings with the development team, attending daily meetings and generally being the eyes and ears of the business, constantly looking for deviations in course that would otherwise go undetected. Testing There is a process to follow as the testing team go through the process of testing and identifying bugs and the BA can work with the business to set defect fix priorities.
12. Role of BA During Project - 3 Implementation It’s during this phase that a BA should be conscious of how users are using the system. Are they actually seeing the benefits envisaged in the business case? Do the training materials support the business case?
13. Who ordereda bigMargaritaand twoCaesars withChicken?
14. UML UnifiedModeling Language (UML) is a standardized general-purpose modeling language in the field of object-oriented software engineering. Since 1997 has become the industry standard for modeling software-intensive systems.
15. UML Elements Activities Actors Business Processes Database Schemas Logical Components Programming Language Statements Reusable Software Components
22. Certificates Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Certified Associate Business Analyst (CABA) Certified Software Business Analyst (CSBA) Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
23. References A Guide to the BA Body of Knowledge (BABOK Guide) Paul, Debra; Donald Yeates, Keith Hindle. Business analysis Kevin Brennan. ed. A Guide to the BA Body of Knowledge Jacobson; Grady. The Unified Software Development Process
24. What is Next?
25. Top 10 Trends of 2012by Glenn R. Brule Executive Director of Global Client Solutions Demand for Greater Organizational Efficiency Will Increase Demand for Business Architecture, Rules and Process Experts Government Agencies Will Invest Seriously in the Role of BA Agile Methods Will Continue to Gain Traction Emergence of a Hybrid Role of PM and Business Analyses BA Will Enhance Skills To Make Business Case to Stakeholder
26. Top 10 Trends of 2012 As Will Need to Measure Results to Prove Result Centers of Excellence Will Continue to Spare BPOs to Invest in the Development of Their BA Practice Rise of Tablet Tools for BA IIBA Building Business Capability Conference Will Gain Prominence for Professional Development