1. Quadratic Functions By: Cristina V. & Jasmine V.
2. Definition A quadratic function is a polynomial function of the form. Equation: f(x) = ax2 + bx + c
3. Quadratic Equation f(x) = ax2 + bx + c where a, b and c are real numbers and a not equal to zero. The graph of the quadratic function is called a parabola. It is a U shaped curve that may open up or down depending on the sign of coefficient a.
5. Quadratic Function Graphs
6. Examples Standard Form: f(x) = y = ax2 + bx + c where a≠0 f(x) = 3x2 -2x + 5 y = -6x2 + 4x f(x) = x2 + 7 y = -x2
7. Quadratic Examples y = 5x² + 2x + 5 y = 11x² + 22 y = x² − 4x +5 y = −x² + 5