Jan paris bookfest librarians and tech specialists
Can’t We All Get Along?
Librarians & Technology Specialists Working Together
Focus: The Use of Technology for
• Quiz show format for this presentation
• Audience must participate – This means YOU
• Contributions from the audience may include real-world
• Are you ready to begin?
• For example, take a look at the floor plan for Biblioteca
Las Américas in South Texas ISD.
How are librarians and tech specialists
prepared to help students with research?
Guided Inquiry – Carol C. Kuhlthau
Big6 – Eisenberg & Berkowitz
Match the device to what it measures:
Banned Websites Awareness
Guided Inquiry or Big6
Librarians & Tech Specialists
Banned Books Week
• Bell, M. A., Weimar, H., & Van Roekel, J. (2013). School librarians and
the technology department: A practical guide to successful
collaboration. Linworth. (available in eBook format and print)
• Bannedbooksweek.org. (2013). Banned Books Week: Celebrating the
freedom to read: September 22-28, 2013. Retrieved September 25,
2013 from http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/
• Clark, A. (n.d.). Library design: Information commons learning
commons. Retrieved September 25, 2013 from
• ISTE. (2012). NETS for Students. Retrieved September 25, 2013 from
• Luhtala, M. (2012). We trust you. Retrieved September 25, 2013 from
• South Texas ISD. (2012). Biblioteca Las Américas. Retrieved September
25, 2013 from http://bla.stisd.net/about_us/facility___holdings
• Valenza, J. (2010, December 3). A revised manifesto. School Library
Journal. Retrieved September 25, 2013 from
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.