8 bullet pointsLast one - Student group headquarters
Consulting and training on biomedical databases and tools:PubMedScopus (includes citation statistics )Systematic Reviews (e.g. Cochrane Reviews)NCBI Databases and tools (e.g. BLAST, Gene, Genome, etc.)Genomic Analysis, Genome, DNA/RNA and Protein ResourcesExtensive literature searches for:Grant applicationsPublicationsCompliance support for:NIH Public Access Policy Data sharing and management plansAssistance navigating scholarly publishing and copyrights
The physical MyRA space is housed within the CCTS offices and includes a reception desk for the Concierge, as well as a well-equipped meeting room and …… collaboration spaces for researchers to meet with colleagues or collaborators.
The virtual MyRA space includes information about research resources and processes, as well as examples and advice for each step of the process.An update of the virtual space will include access to research tools (e.g. VIVO, REDCap), community discussion functions and redesigned style and information architecture.[MyRA 3 screenshot?]
Biomedical device competitions (BtoB)BioInnovations: Surgical observations and recommendationsPatient issue resolutionsInterprofessional student teamsSWAT team of librarians assist with evidence review and as team coachesShowcase devices and outcomes
1. “SHELLI Says”Ideas for ReshapingInformationProvision & ServicesInfProvision and SupportJean P. ShipmanDirectorHSLGApril 11, 2013
2. New Librarian RolesInvited key mission partners– Health reform (LEAN)– PET teams– Innovation– Translational science– Legislative personnel– Interprofessional studentsCreating communities of champions
3. Create Discovery HubTo serve researchers and innovation teamsby providing shared physical and virtualworkspaces and access to a variety ofrelevant customized resources, servicesand tools.
4. How Achieve Hub?• Create collaborative physical space• Furnish with inviting furniture• Research Concierge• RISe service umbrella• Support U community with portals• Create art gallery and exhibit spaces• Showcase U research and discoveries –Discovery Lane• Student group headquarters
5. Research Information Services• Consulting and training• Extensive literature searches• Compliance support for the NIH PublicAccess Policy, and data managementplans• Scholarly publishingand copyrights
6. RISe Promotion• Research Service Core Facility• Promotional folders and inserts
7. Library Faculty Consulting Offices
8. MyRA ObjectiveTo develop an inter-institutional virtualand physical collaborative space thatserves primarily clinical andtranslational researchers by providinga shared workspaceand access to avariety of relevantresources and tools.
9. Data Curation & eScience• Mayden Lecture• Training – RATS class• Pilot projects• U committees• Hospital VDO
10. Hope Fox Eccles Health Library• Hospital patients and families• EMR – InfoButton embeddedEPIC patient education LEAN project• UWAG connection to community
11. Transformed Spaces
12. Consulting Spaces
13. Virtual Space
14. HSSC Headquarters• Headquartered and meets within Library• Director serves as faculty advisor• IPE support and topical sessions offered• Social and fundraising activities• Subcontract partner• Provides library withfeedback and eventassistance(e.g., Changing theFace of Medicine)
15. • Biomedical Innovation groups– Bench to Bedside, BioInnovations, PatientExperience• SWAT team of librarians assist withevidence review and trainings• Showcase devices and outcomesInnovation Centers
16. Deep Dive Center
17. Collaborative Furniture
18. Putting it all together
19. Group Instruction Room
20. Mobile Student Spaces
22. Discovery Lane
23. InterProfessional EducationKey ObjectiveHealth sciences students learn asinterprofessionalteams in order toprepare them forreal life practice
24. Library Contributions• Neutral interests and space• Library Director administers• Team collaborators and coordination• Information support for students• Scheduling of sessions• Web site for IPE efforts and initiatives• Staff for clinical skills center and an IPE facultylibrarian
25. Summary• Libraries are no longer storage• Librarians are community creators,educators & supporters• Librarians are integral parts of research,education & innovation teams• Libraries are becoming discovery centers• Librarians are bringingusers together andback into the Library
26. Scholarly Communications– Open Access impact– Author fee support– Institutional repositories– Collection role of libraries– Interlibrary loan changes– Libraries as publishers• NOVEL• Innovation OA journal
27. Scholarly CommunicationsFinch Report- OA by 2014 for publically funded research- UK-based authors publish 6% ofpapers produced every year- Funded by shift from subscriptions togold OA and author fees- Estimated cost = £60m a year- Encourages publishing companies to extendlicenses so public can access scientificliterature at their local libraries.
28. Chicago CollaborativeBackgroundGovernanceMain initiativesDiscussion forumsFuture
29. Thanks – Questions?Thinking Outside of the Box