This is the world we have to come to grips with today and tomorrow. All of these changes in data and data technology are creating the promise of incredible business potential – solving the world’s toughest diseases through personalized genome sequencing, or creating market segments of one as we increase our capability to uniquely match a customer’s needs and buying patterns with our products.
But, all of this change comes at a price for IT. Change brings disruption, cost and risk to IT, and IT just cannot absorb new technologies at the current pace of their introduction. There is a complete new learning curve and adoption curve for IT to understand how to program these and harness these. And that drives up costs, increases risk across the board – whether your are building new applications or try to analyze new sets of data using new techniques.
A different approach is needed. IT needs to get away from their traditional approach of adopting new technology through re-skilling and re-programming. Instead, IT needs to invest in an information platform that is architected for change. The information platform should allow organizations to adopt new data technologies without recoding, so that they can harness the power without the costs. That is the key to unleashing the true potential of the information in your company.
1. Keen on the Small Screen: The
Power of Mobile for Candidate
Brad Cook &
2. 10 2
Disruption, Cost, RiskHarness ChangeTECHNOLOGY
Who thinks a
Mobile Career site
is a Luxury
4. Is there a War for Talent?
5. Does Candidate Experience Matter?
6. 1:5 Own A Smartphone
1:17 Own A Tablet
7. Volume is crazy and getting more…
• 46% of consumers are unlikely to return to a mobile site if
it didn’t work properly during their last visit.
• >1.3 billion smartphones in four years.
• Avg. 2 smartphones ~ 9 people on earth
• Tablets are showing faster adoption rates than
• Smartphones 4 years to reach 6% penetration
• Tablets 2 two years to reach 6%
8. Interesting stats on why…
• 66% of American’s consume alcohol on a
• 67% of 18-34 year olds drink, knocking back
5.4 drinks on average in a given week.
• 72% of 35-54 year olds drink, knocking back
3.6 drinks on average in a given week.
• Consumption increases with income level.
9. Interesting stats on why…
• Majority of alcohol consumption takes place after 7pm
• Same time Job Seekers are searching for opportunities on
their mobile devices
10. The Mobile
11. The Mobile
• Focus on the Candidate Experience #1….
• Want to be easy to do business with…
• Know your target audience…
• Be where the talent is… Or, guess and monitor
• Test it… prove it….or kill it
15. Be easy to do business with…
16. Simplify your Apply
Connect your Talent Networks
Create Company Awareness
Employer Brand in Palm of
If your going Mobile…
18. Jobseeker Quarterly Comparison
19. Jobseeker Visit and
20. Age Group Gender
35-44 45-54 55-64 65+
21. Apply Start to Complete Conversion
22. Next …The Great Mobile Debate
23. MOBILE WEB
• No downloads
• Any device
• Online only
• Front line
• General public
• Stored locally
• Device specific
• Offline capable
• More personal
What’s the Difference?
It’s not a question of either or. You should do both.
• Know where your talent hangs out…
• Its not a nice to have, it’s a must have…
• Seamless integration is the key to
• Process Streamline everywhere…
• Measure and track vs. Desktop