Revolutions in information
1. Speech. Communication.
2. Pictures. Symbolics/metaphores
3. Writing. Documentation.
4. Printing. Easy to multiply
5. Telegraph, radio, TV. Global imminence
4. Internet. Enhancer to all?
• The bank • Legal matters: divorce,
• Check in (when flying)
• Book your travels
Separate analogue Seamless digital
How is teaching and
Dare and care.
The return of informal learning.
Learning environments in development.
Close between predestinated goal
setting, work and finish.
Learning and working is united
Information – Just In Time Learning
Far between predestinated goal setting,
work and finish.
Learning and working is divided
Information – Another Time Learning
Close between setting own goals,
work and finish.
? Learning and working is
Information – Life Long Learning
Knowledge in schools…
Curriculum Life long learning
Land Work Money Knowledge
Knowledge in the global
society of knowledge?
Theoretical/scientifical Practical/productive Practical wisdom
But with what competences and what skills?
The monopoly of knowledge is diminishing…
1950 1960 1970 1980 1990 2000
Existential transition Internet
Life punishes the ones
coming to late…
Education - watch out!?
Higher education suffers
”The death of shipbuildning industry”?
Higher education - remember!
• the possibilities of diversity and challenges in dialogue
• stimulate development of core competences
• take advantage of/validate informal knowledge
• permanent re-definition of the teacher role
• use common IT-solutions – social software (Web 2.0)
- I choose.
- I want to understand. Now.
- See me. Confirm me!
- It must be rewarding. All the time.
- There are many paths to my goals.
- How can you help med reach them?
Learning communities of tomorrow.
1. The possibillity to express who I am
through layout, pictures, videos, music,
2. Several ways to communicate; e-mail,
blog, pictures, open and locked forums
that both students and teachers uses.
3. Several ways to communicate ”small
talk”larger engagement more
motivation enhanced learning?
4. The personal space is the main arena, the
space for education is a subfunction