• It refer to a content that use a combination of
different content form.
• Content form such as text, audio, still
images, animation, video Etc.
• Product which used to convey message in
different content form is:-
Q:- How multimedia helps in training
and development in an organization?
• It combine audio visual training .
• It include C.B.T, CD-ROM, internet, Simulation.
• Reduction in travel costs.
Advantages of multimedia training
• Consistency of delivery.
• Immediate feedback.
Disadvantages of multimedia training.
• Ineffective for certain training.
• Difficult to quickly update.
It is a software application for the
administration, documentation, track
ing, reporting and delivery of elearning education courses or
It is the infrastructure that delivers and
manages instructional content, identifies and
assesses individual and organizational learning
or training goals, tracks the progress towards
meeting those goals, and collects and presents
data for supervising the learning process of
organization as a whole.
• Course Content Delivery
• Student Registration and Administration
• Training Event Management
(i.e., scheduling, tracking)
• Curriculum and Certification Management
• Skills and Competencies Management
• Skill Gap Analysis
• Individual Development Plan
• Training Record Management
• Courseware Authoring
A Learning Content Management System (LCMS)
enables an organization to share learning
objects across the enterprise, which saves
money, promotes consistent learning, and
helps to amortize the cost of eLearning.
• Template-driven, Collaborative Content
• Facilitated Content Management
(i.e., indexing and reuse)
• Workflow Integration
• Automated Interface with an LM
• The focus of the LCMS is the management of
course content rather than learner activity. These
tools are mainly for course developers rather
• Education LMS's are usually just for eLearning
and don't include classroom course management
because those capabilities already exist (as
registration systems) in education. Education
LMS's are actually more like LCMS's because they
provide course authoring tools and some content
• LMS's are usually stronger than corporate LMS's
with using communication tools like email, discussion groups, and now even wikis and
• This is because in education, the model is that an
instructor builds the course and then is available
by e-mail while students take the course.
• In the corporate environment, the emphasis has
been more on asynchronous, self-directed
courseware and there is usually no "instructor"
• There are quite a few LMS's that only manage
eLearning and don't include the classroom