Read by Howie Tan
Author George H.Kerr
Main Characters Involved the War
• Chieng Kai Shek: the leader of Taiwanese people,
Biography of Author
• Kerr was born in Pennsylvania. He was a student
in Japan during 1935 through 1937; and he was
an English teacher in Taipei, Taiwan during 1937
through 1940. George H. Kerr , was a United
States diplomat during World War II, and in
later years he was an author and an academic.
• Japan invade Taiwan or Formosa in 1937 continue for 6 years of
wars. We lose and become Japanese for 3 years, Japanese
government want Taiwanese to become like Japanese, so the
government made the rule, everybody need to wear Japanese cloth,
eat Japanese food, and speak Japanese, if police saw some one say
Chinese, they will be executed.
Formosa (Rising Action)
• Japan plan to invade Taiwan for the raw material and oil,
and the natural resources. They want to take over
Taiwan and rule over the people and get more army and
armament to prepare the war for next battle.
• Japanese success and conquered Taiwan, Chiang Kai Shek died with
his army too, around 2 million people died in that war. We lose by
the technology and forces, we have only horse and gun, mean while
Japan already have airplane and rifles.
• Taiwan finally gain independent because U.S alliance with Korea
and Taiwan, so if Japan come to invade Taiwan again US will bomb
Japan[ Hiroshima] with nuclear bomb.
• We gain back our own independent, and this Japanese invade let
Taiwanese start making or inventing new technology and train for
Taiwanese army to protect Taiwan and prepare for next war.