2. Background • In 2008, according to WHO, Ukraine ranked as a No. 1 in the world by alcohol consumpLon among children and youth. It was reported that number of teenagers who drink alcohol increased. Beer is the most popular beverage among them • “Drink responsibly” – a social project of “Obolon” company, which provides a one-‐way communicaLon through the project site • Students, the main target audience of the project, are not acLvely involved in the iniLaLve, because the project is purely instrucLve in nature which makes it uninteresLng How can we make young people focus on responsible drinking?
3. Aim and objecLves Aim: • PromoLon of responsible aTtude to beer consumpLon Objec7ves: • Pay students’ aVenLon to the problem of excessive and irresponsible beer consumpLon • Inform the generally accepted norms and restricLons of beer consumpLon • Involve young leaders to form a responsible aTtude towards beer consumpLon KPI’s: • Number of leaﬂet-‐contacts – 60 000 • Total number of contacts – not less than 100 000
4. Challenges and SoluLons Student youth do not understand the problem and mostly, not interested in their own health? To inform about, how excessive consumpLon of beer can harm to each of us Youth is hard to impress? Bright & stylish format Corporate sector has some diﬃculLes to talk with students in their language? Content of communicaLon created by student leaders
5. CreaLve idea & Format • Reinforce message of responsible consumpLon with the help of original funny comics, which content is close and understandable to young people • Use the format “event in 24 hours” – a one-‐day-‐long marathon, which aim is to create comics involving experts and student leaders Crea7ve component: Communica7on component: • Team of the bright • Use of online-‐mirror personaliLes of the event • CreaLng the plot and • Expanding the audience characters of the event through • Help of experienced communicaLon in Facebook designers in creaLng • Forming atmosphere of sketches emoLonal excitement From idea to product – in 24 hours!
6. ImplementaLon stages Informing about the progress of the project at all stages through youth’s favorite:
7. Comic book in 24 hours. How it was?
8. Facebook-‐app and project blog ration Regist for ation p articip ct e in proj blog Project t- yo ung-no ua unk.co m. dr
9. Announcement for students With the assistance of the following organiza7ons: Student councils: – KNU – NaUKMA – NТUU «КPІ» • Student Parliament • AIESEC • AEGEE • GeneraLon 2020 • AssociaLon of Lawyers of Ukraine • Unistudy • Beerplace.com.ua
10. Expert team Oleksiy Olin Serhii Brusentsov Yana Baranova Oleksiy MasarLst, illustrator of magazines Chief editor of project about member of the Ukrainian founder of the “Ukrainian X3M, Moloko, art director beer in Ukraine Union of Psychotherapists, banner network” and 9 WORLD studio beerplace.com.ua. the founder of Center Infostore.org, a great fan of psychological counseling of comics Max Kushnir Vladyslav Vavilov Max Lebedev Olya Yurachkivska Deputy Director for Vice-‐President of Kyiv Fitness Deputy Head of Kyiv City branch brand-‐manager, MarkeLng, CorporaLon Union of the NaLonal Scout ТМ hike “Obolon” OrganizaLon of Ukraine, a pracLcing lawyer
11. Comics Consists of 24 pages, A5 format (comfortable to carry in a pocket — favorite youth format) Contains a specially created infographic about the norms of safe consumpLon of Obolon products
12. Еeﬃciency of the campaign 60 applica7ons to parLcipate in the PR-‐team more than 1000 interacLons with users on Facebook more than 180,000 views of publica7ons, dedicated to the project on Facebook
13. Еeﬃciency of the campaign The level of fans’ involvement on the Facebook-‐page +371% for the period of the project The growth of the community during the project +357% Reach of the adver7sing campaign on Facebook — two waves 800K of adverLsing 400 000 сontacts each Involvement of opinions leaders 24 to parLcipaLon in the project persons on a public basis
14. Еeﬃciency of the campaign Number of visits to the project blog 1900 The number of pages viewed on the blog 4300 The total number of contacts Direct Mail contacts, spreading >500K leaﬂets, online communicaLon The number of men7ons on the web 100
15. InnovaLons Event format «in 24 hours» used in the creaLon of comics for the ﬁrst Lme Comics on the topic of responsible drinking were created for the ﬁrst Lme Event format «in 24 hours» was used as the CSR iniLaLve and for the PR-‐project for the ﬁrst Lme Results became possible due to original format and creaLve idea which was widely supported
16. Thanks! “This comics-‐book was created by young people for young people, therefore it speaks their language, and is more eﬀecAve than the standard social ads” “It was cool and fun Max Kushnir – excellent Deputy Director of MarkeLng, experience:)” CorporaLon “Obolon” Artem Trawkin project parLcipant “‘Comics for 24 hours’ was a unique project of social responsibility when the beer company is ready to form a proper market consumpAon of alcoholic products” Taras Parandii project parLcipant