1. Android and Android Phones http://eglobiotraining.com/android
2. Android (What is Android)Nounan·droid(in science fiction) A robot with a human appearance.
3. What is Android?Android has a dictionary meaning of being a human that resembles automation. The true character of its name is it’s the Google created software stack for creating comprehensive Mobile Applications and Software to realize the full potential of one’s Mobile handset and its possibilities. Android is a comprehensive software stack of mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key application. This rich source of software bunch is used in Mobile Technology through its innovation module of The Android Software Development Kit (SDK).
4. Android as an Operating System Android is a Linux-based operating system designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. Initially developed by Android, Inc., which Google backed financially and later purchased in 2005. Android was unveiled in 2007 along with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance: a consortium of hardware office, and telecommunication companies devoted to advancing open standards for mobile devices.The first Android-powered phone was sold in October 2008
5. Android is open source and Google releases the code under the Apache License. This open sourcecode and permissive licensing allows the software to be freely modified and distributed by device manufacturers, wireless carriers and enthusiast developers. Additionally, Android has a large community of developers writing applications (“apps") that extend the functionality of devices, written primarily in a customized version ofthe Java programming language.In October 2012,there were approximately 700,000 apps available for Android, and the estimated number of applications downloaded from Google Play, Androids primary app store, was 25 billion
6. These factors have allowed Android to become the worlds most widely used smartphone platform and the software of choice for technology companies who require a low-cost, customizable, lightweight operating system for high tech devices without developing one from scratch. As a result, despite being primarily designed for phones and tablets, it has seen additional applications on televisions, games consoles and other electronics. Androids open nature has further encouraged a large community of developers and enthusiasts to use the open source code as a foundation for community-driven projects, which add new features for advanced users or bring Android to devices which were officially released running other operating systems.Android had a worldwide smartphone market share of 75% during the third quarter of 2012, with 500 million devices activated in total and 1.3 million activations per day
7. History of AndroidAndroid, Inc. was founded in Palto Alo, California in October 2003 by Andy Rubin (co-founder of Danger),Rich Miner (co-founder of Wildfire Communications, Inc.), Nick Sears (once VP at T- Mobile), and Chris White (headed design and interface development at WebtTV) to develop, in Rubins words "smarter mobile devices that are more aware of its owners location and preferences". Despite the past accomplishments of the founders and early employees, Android Inc. operated secretly, revealing only that it was working on software for mobile phones. That same year, Rubin ran out of money. Steve Perlman, a close friend of Rubin, brought him $10,000 in cash in an envelope and refused a stake in the company
8. Google acquired Android Inc. on August 17, 2005, making it a wholly owned subsidiary of Google. Key employees of Android Inc., including Rubin, Miner and White, stayed at the company after the acquisition. Not much was known about Android Inc. at the time, but many assumed that Google was planning to enter the mobile phone market with this move. At Google, the team led by Rubin developed a mobile device platform powered by the Linux kernel. Google marketed the platform to handset makers and carriers on the promise of providing a flexible, upgradable system. Google had lined up a series of hardware component and software partners and signaled to carriers that it was open to various degrees of cooperation on their part.
9. Applications in AndroidAndroid initially came into existence with the sure fire idea that developments are given the power and freedom to create enthralling Mobile applications while taking advantage of everything that the mobile handset has to offer. Android is built on open Linux Kernel. This particular software for Mobile Application is made to be open source, thereby giving the opportunity to the developers to introduce and incorporate any technological advancement. Build on custom virtual machine android gives its users the addition usage and application power, to initiate an interactive and efficient application and operational Software for your phone.
10. Google’s mobile operating device, the android is its awesome creation in the definitive creation of SoftwareApplications for the mobile phone arena it also facilitates the g-juice in your mobile thus initiating a whole newworld of Mobile Technology experience by its customers.We at Arokia IT are technically equipped to initiate any level of these amazing software applications using the android genius from Google. Around in the year 2007, Google announced its Android Operating System and Open Handset Alliance with these two major contributions to the mobile industry that ultimately changed our experience with mobile interface.
11. Open Handset AllianceOpen Handset Alliance is an amalgamation of Tech Companies with common and particular interest in the mobile user enhancement experience. Companies like Google, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, Telecom Italia, T Mobile, LG, Texas Instruments as well as Sony Ericsson, Vodafone, Toshiba and Hawaii are Tech giant based on their core abilities and strengths, while keeping and pursuing the characters and goals of each company, their basic idea of this joining of hands was the feature-rich mobile experience for the end user. This alliance meant the sharing of ideas and innovation, to bring out these ideas into reality. This provided the millions and millions of Mobile users the experience that they never had.Like the Apple iphone, Android Operating System allows third party developers to innovate and create Applications and software for mobile devices. Android is an open, flexible and stable enough to associate itself with newer and newer evolving Technologies. Android’s vast range of easy to use tools and wide range of libraries provides Mobile Application developers with the means of an amazing mobile operating software to come up with the most efficient and rich Mobile Applications changing the world of millions of mobile users.
12. Android ApplicationDevelopment Services at Arokia We provide a comprehensive suit and comprehensive assistance in the development of mobile application on the Android Platform to our prestigious customers. Our experts are veterans in the Java programming language and are capable to exhaust any challenge to develop feature-rich android application services. Java Programming Language is used as a basic building block and back bone for Android Application Development that allows developers to program comprehensive application on Java that runs on Android Mobile.Android’s vast range of easy to use tools and wide range of libraries, provides Mobile Application Developers with the means of an amazing mobile operating software to come up with the most efficient and rich Mobile Applications. Our development team has complete resources and technologies to make use of in developing the most acclaimed applications.
13. Among the various Application categories developed by us on the android platform, some of them are; Communication Application, Business Application, Multimedia Application, Internet Application, Fun/Entertainment Application, Gaming Application, Utility and Security Application. We program these Applications on the customized demands of our clients. We ensure them that these specifically designed apps on the android platform are solely designed for their specific user defined criteria.
14. Hire Android Developers at ArokiaOur sound and capable Android programmers have exhibited their expertise on the global podium in the following skill sets like the Android’s Applications Framework, Android Dalvik Virtual Machine, Data Storage and Retrieval using SQLite , XML, web-services, Handle Media Support for audio and video, GSM, 3G and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Edge GPS, Compass and accelerometer Screen Elements like View- groups, Views, Tree Structured UI, Layout and many more such android services to offer our client.Our sound and capable Android programmers have exhibited their expertise on the global podium in the following skill sets like the Android’s Applications Framework, Android Dalvik Virtual Machine, Data Storage and Retrieval using SQLite , XML, web-services, Handle Media Support for audio and video, GSM, 3G and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Edge GPS, Compass and accelerometer Screen Elements like View- groups, Views, Tree Structured UI, Layout and many more such android services to offer our client.
17. Android Phone (What can an Android phone do?) Android phones are highly customisable and as such can be altered to suit your tastes and needs. You can check your Facebook and Twitter profiles through a variety of apps making it ideal for social networking. Through the calendar you can set reminders from your desktop or your phone and on the latest versions of Android you can send links to and from your computer and vice versa.Another neat feature of Android is that it automatically backs up your contacts for you. When you set up an Android phone you’ll need to create a Google Account or sign in with an existing one. Every time you save a number to the address book of your Android phone it will be synced to your Google Account. The benefit of this is if you lose your phone all of your numbers will be saved. The next time you get an Android phone and sign in with your Google Account, all of your contacts and friends numbers will be displayed in your new phone’s address book and you can even access or edit them from a computer.
18. What apps can I get on an Android phone?There are hundreds of thousands of apps and games available to download from the Google Play store (formerly the Android Market). There are camera apps that allow you to take pictures with artistic effects and filters on them and music players which allow you to import MP3s from your phone or create playlists. You can customise the appearance of your Android handset with a number of wallpapers based on pictures you’ve taken yourself or downloaded from the web too. There are also various on-screen widgets to download which allow access and alteration the settings of your phone without having to dive through menus as you would on rival devices. You can pretty much create your own system of shortcuts and menus to better suit how you uniquely use your phone. Popular games available for Android phones include Angry Birds, Draw Something and Temple Run 2 to name but three, but there are thousands of free and paid apps and games on offer.
19. How can I get apps on an Android phone?The majority of apps can be downloaded from the Google Play store (the equivalent of Apple’s App Store), which includes a mix of free as well as premium apps that you’ll have to pay for. Some apps have ‘lite’ versions which are free, in the hope you’ll enjoy them and upgrade to the full premium version. Others - like Angry Birds - are free, but include adverts. The same account that lets you backup your contacts can also have financial details added to it, allowing you the ability to purchase content from the Google Play store directly. You can pay either by debit or credit card and initial setup takes less than five minutes from a computer.
20. Android Phones
21. Who makes Android PhonesEvery handset maker is free to make an Android phone if they want to. As well as the aforementioned HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG and Sony, Acer, Alcatel, Huawei and ZTE have all made Android phones too. Apple, Nokia and RIM (who make BlackBerry smartphones) do not offer Android handsets however.
22. Android Updates Google is constantly working on new versions of the Android software. These releases are infrequent; at the moment they normally come out every six months or so, but Google is looking to slow this down to once a year. Versions usually come with a numerical code and a codename that’s so far been named after desserts running in alphabetical order. Android 1.5 Cupcake Android 2.1 Eclair Android 2.2 Froyo Android 2.3 Gingerbread Android 3.2 Honeycomb - The first OS design specifically for a tablet, launching on the Motorola Xoom Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich: The first OS to run on smartphones and tablet, ending the 2.X naming convention. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean: Launched on the Google Nexus 7 tablet by Asus Android 4.2 Jelly Bean: Arrived on the LG Nexus 4
23. Google also releases minorupdates with bug fixes and improvements.
24. Respecfully submitted to Prof. Erwin M. Globio, MSITSubmitted by Honney Grace Ricafort SY1219