20,000 users currentlyFree 30-day trial then Pro and Enterprise packagesMac, Chrome and iPhone compatible
Assuming that you have a social media policy of some kind in place, this is a way to harness those socially savvy employees.Costs as little as $5 per month.
Works well for 3-6 people who are managing social marketing within a companyThis tool solves a major gap for businesses – the gap of social media good intentions and actual social media traction by giving the social marketing team a place to collaborate – using “TA DA!” a social tool!
Social Marketing, New Tools for Small Business
Social Media Update
Moving Beyond the Basics
When I used to speak on Social Media in the “olden days” –
you know – way back in 2010…
• I had to tell people what Social Media was.
• Explain the tools.
• Explain click-by-click how to use them.
Social Marketing Disclaimer
I don‟t have to do that anymore, but I do have to open
with a disclaimer…
is the execution of
Social Media Strategy Still
Know your audience.
Have a plan.
Work the plan.
Rework the plan. (Read: start over.)
We‟ve come a long way
Global Penetration of Social Platform
As of 2Q of 2013: Account ownership if internet users globally
Sources: JeffBullas.com/ GlobalWebIndex Study, 2Q 2013
Forbes.com, Paul Tassi, November 9, 2013
Google + 52%
What are the numbers?
Facebook – 1.19 Billion users as of 10/30
TwitterFlickr – 87 million users as of 3/20
Instagram – 150 million users 9/8
Google + - 300 million users 1/26
LinkedIn – 259 million 10/29
Slideshare – 50 million users 5/19
MySpace – 36 million users 10/1
Source: ExpandedRamblings.com, Craig Smith 11/3/2014
So, what‟s new?
LinkedIn purchased Slideshare making Thought
Leadership Strategy easy for content marketers.
•LinkedIn is the most
used social platform
for business people.
•Slideshare has 60M
users per month.
Newcomers Gain Steam
Lifestyle tools are fun, and may have a place in brand building.
Use Category: Social Reputation Management
• Better than GoogleAlerts and simple UI.
• Go-to social mention reference tool.
Taken from commentary by: Todd Wheatland, Kelly Services.
Use Category: Marketing
• Make your employees your ambassadors.
• Offers a portal for „approved‟ messages to be available
for your socially minded employees or social media
• Takes the pain out of the necessary content collaboration
task of content marketing.
• Track and report.
Taken from blog commentary by: Jay Baer, Convince and Convert
Use Category: Monitoring
• Monitors conversations across
Twitter, FB, Instagram, Google + and more based on
specified hashtags and creates a custom board with the
• Content curation
Taken from blog commentary by: Kim Garst of Boom Social
Use Category: Social Marketing Team Management
Monitor social tools all in one place
Create forums and chats within the tool to determine tasks
Evolving. Big things coming with Rignite.
Taken from blog commentary from Andrea Vahl, author FaceBook marketing all-in-one for Dummies
Trend: Social Media Productivity
Companies using social tools for project management:
Trend: Analyze this.
What are your metrics?
What is your budget?
Who is responsible?
Then, choose a tool.
• Plan it. Editorial Calendar like the free one from
• Do it. This means a person, not a tool. Hootsuite is a
• Track it.
• http://www.jeffbullas.com/2013/09/20/12-awesome-social-mediafacts-and-statistics-for-2013/ Blog by Jeff Bullas
• http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/social-media-tools-used-bypros-today/ Blog by Cindy King with contributors
• http://news.mindprocessors.com (LinkedIn buys Slideshare)
• http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/5-social-media-monitoringtools-to-simplify-your-marketing/ Trend Analysis