H.I. period 6
12 November, 2010
What is it?
Papalomavirus are deoxyribonucleic viruses than infect
the skin and mucous membranes. Human
papillomaviruses belong to a group of papillomaviruses
that consists of nearly 120 strains. Most strains are
virtually harmless, causing nothing more than benign
skin warts (papillomas), while others cause genital warts
(condyloma acuminate) and may cause cancer.
(Charles L. Vigue, Ph.D.)
• A symptom is Genital warts.
How do you get it?
• You get Human Papillomavirus through
any type of Sex.
How do you prevent it?
• You prevent it by not having any sexual
How do you treat it?
• There are a few treatments for it
• What do you know about your assigned
STD and STDs in general?(5-7 sentences)
• I do not know anything about my assigned STD. STDs are diseases
transmitted through vaginal, oral or anal sex. I know some of these
are harpies, Aids/HIV, crabs and a bunch of other really bad
diseases. I don’t know much about any of these but I know all of
these are bad for you. I also know that some of these can kill you.
• Vigue, Charles L. "Human papillomavirus (HPV)." Magills Medical Guide. Ed. Tracy
Irons-Georges, 4th rev. ed. 5 vols. Pasadena, Calif.: Salem Press, 2008. Salem
Health Web. 12 Nov. 2010.
• Gonzalez, Lissette. "Human Papillomavirus (HPV)." Teen Health and Wellness.
Rosen, 2010. Web. 12 Nov. 2010.