Biologix- Patterns of Populations Conservation and Management
Movie Viewing Guide
Directions: All the questions are in order. Follow along with the movie and answer the
1. What are the 3 populations they are studying at the beginning of the movie?
2. What 2 factors determine population growth?
3. What is an r-selected population?
4. What is a logistic or s-shaped curve?
5. What is K?
6. What are k-selected species?
7. Which survivorship curve is a k-selected? An r-selected?
8. How can you control mosquitoes?
9. Why control mosquitoes?
10. Describe the yeast experiment.
11. Which had the most organisms?
12. Why is the burrowing owl an endangered species?
13. What organisms do the burrowing owl depend on?
14. What is biodiversity?
15. What are the benefits and risks of using pesticides?
16. What are the benefits of reintroducing the swift foxes into the wild?
17. What happens if we lose our biodiversity?