1. Polk County Service Integration Connecting Partners. Creating Solutions.Priester National Health Extension ConferenceApril 16, 2013
2. Service Integration “What’s in Your Bag?” Activity
3. What is Service Integration? Service Integration (SI) is a partnership between seven school districts, Polk County Health and Human Services and 200+ partnering organizations, agencies, and individuals throughout the county.It is a model for how we do business in the county for connecting individuals and families to valuable resources and services
4. Service Integration Who are Your Local Partners?
5. Service Integration is … Community and expediting agency partners… solutions… by matching while avoiding resources to clearly duplication of defined needs… service.
6. SI includes seven teams and adynamic process that … Connects service providers with identified needs; Builds relationships among teams members; And provides funds to address service requests so... Community solutions can be created with cost and time efficiencies.
7. Service Integration Teams Seven SI teams: Teams are made up of: Amity County Agencies Central School Districts Dallas Non Profits Faith Communities Falls City City Agencies Grand Ronde State Agencies Perrydale Private Businesses West Salem Individual Citizens Higher Education
8. Service Integration Teams Operate independently Address and respond to local needs Allocate team funds to support projects & community needs Network and share resources
9. Solutions Supported by ServiceIntegrationUrgent Needs: Immediate medical services or emergencyhousing or utility assistance.Basic Needs: Food, clothing, household and hygiene items.Education: Classes, tuition, fees, and literacy programs forchildren or adults.Extra Curricular: Fees, materials, clothing or shoes neededfor participation in a school related activity.Youth Development: Leadership/learning opportunities notpart of the regular school programs.Community Development: Events/Activities providingopportunities for a broad spectrum of people.Parenting: Classes, workshops, information that increaseparenting skills/knowledge.Supplies: Goods or equipment necessary to carry out anintegration activity.
10. How is SI Funded?Local School Districts, Faith Polk County Community, and Yamhill Health and Human ServicesCounty Health and Human Department ServicesContribution to 7 the Service 1 Full Time Equivalency staffing Integration teams. Each SI for facilitation and team receives between coordination. $3,000 and $7,000 of flex .5 Full Time Equivalency, funds each fiscal year. leadership, materials, supplies, office space, and technology.
11. Case Studies Ramp Need ‘S’ Family Developmental Disabilities Client Need
12. Testimonials “After bringing to light today’s West Salem Service Integration Team meeting the need for backpacksfor the at-risk and homeless youth who come to the HOME Center during the holiday season, two amazing partners immediately came forward to offer help. These partners wasted no time in donating these GREATLY needed backpacks! After the West Salem SI Team meeting I picked up 30 brand new backpacks for the wonderful andstupendous youth I have the pleasure to work with.” - West Salem SI Team Member
13. Testimonials “My family and I were homeless and had nothing but the backpacks we carried on our backs. Wehad 8 week old twins and a 2 year old in tow. Within one week we were housed into a completely furnished apartment to include a fridge and cupboards full of food. My wife, children, & myself were clothed and were connected to DHS to startbenefits we didnt know existed. I know this was all in part of the Integration team and we couldnt bemore thankful or feel more blessed. Continue doing what you do." - West Salem Family assisted by Service Integration
14. Testimonials “As an active member of my community, Service Integration team has been an invaluable resource in knowing and understanding the resources that are available in our county. I now have answers for my friends and neighbors in need.” - Falls City SI Team Member I love service Integration because it is like a one-stopshopping spot to help my community. I can connect mycommunity with several different resources in 90 minutes a month. That sort of collaborating takes other counties several meetings to accomplish. - West Salem SI Team Member
15. Service Integration in YourCommunity Determine integration team areas Identify community partners Identify and communicate community needs Funding options for teams
16. Polk County Service Integration For more information: www.co.polk.or.us/SI