1. Favorite Quote“Social networks aren’t about Web sites.They’re about experiences.” ~Mike DiLorenzo
2. Let’s Start with an ActivityDo this right where you are sitting.1. Stretch both arms out beside you- then bring your hands together, finger tips touching2. Now fold your hands so that your fingers are intertwined- some of you have your right thumb over your left and others left over right.3. This feels good doesn’t it?4. Now repeat the process, but this time switch your thumbs to the opposite position.5. No cheating- put the opposite thumb on top this time. How does this feel?6. It’s uncomfortable isn’t it? THAT’S the point- today I would like you to be okay with something new, something that is perhaps a bit uncomfortable.7. There’s nothing wrong- just something you are not used to… Shall we begin?
3. Why Social Media? Vertical Engagement: One-Directional• This type of conference experience is vertical, one-directional, from the organization and speakers to the attendees.• Here, the organizers control the conference experience, the message, and ultimately, what the audience is thinking. http://jeffhurtblog.com/2011/10/05/four-conference-model-options/
4. Why Social Media? Multi-Directional Engagement • This type of conference uses social networks offering attendees the ability to create content, comments, posts, videos, etc. pertaining to the conference. • Social Media provides opportunities for attendees to participate with each other creating a unique customized experience for all attendees. http://jeffhurtblog.com/2011/10/05/four-conference-model-options/
5. A Few Ways to Connect During Moderated Conference HashTag: Online #Priesterhealth Discussions, beta.hashtracking.com/ Webinars, QR CodesLanyrd Site:http://lanyrd.com/2012/priesterhealth/ QR Codes
6. Why a Conference Hashtag?• Hashtags: The # symbol is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet.• Hashtags were created organically by Twitter users as a way to categorize messages.• Clicking on a hashtagged word in any message shows you all other Tweets in that category.• Hashtags are regularly used at conferences to aggregate and curate information.
7. Why a Conference Lanyrd site?Lanyrd was built forpeople who attend,speak at, or organizeconferences.Lanyrd offers events apermanent record ofspeakers, attendees,presentations and anynotes, slides, videos orother files associatedwith the event.
8. Why Twubs?• The Twubs Conference Suite offers: • Live Moderation • Conference Display • Embed Widget • Tweetups & Event Scheduling • Live Event Audio & Presentation Streaming • Conference & Event Aliases
9. Why use Twitter and Facebook?Twitter: Neverunderestimate thevalue of a tweet; asingle tweet canmultiply exponentiallybeyond your currenttarget audienceFacebook offers a TONusing “events.” Let’ssay we invite 30people on FB to attendthe PriesterConference and eachinvites 100 friendsthat’s 3,000 PERSONALinvitations
10. Why QR (Quick Response) Codes? On Marketing Materials Use a special QR Code to offer 1 winner a free download, a freebie, a discount, a gift card, etc. Promote a Keynote or Event QR codes can tell attendees about the event in advance and offer a website for more info. Offer Help or Guidance Connect it to an FAQ web page to get answers to their questions about the conference Build Awareness Use QR codes to build followers on Facebook, Twitter, the Blog or the Website
11. What’s In It for the Priester Conference?10 Reasons to use SM:1. It’s FREE2. It Creates Buzz/Visibility Hash-3. It Boosts Registration tag4. It Creates a Virtual Networking Hub5. It Helps Us Identify Influencers Priester6. It Builds Community Social7. It Attract Exhibitors Media8. It Creates Relevant Content9. It Creates a Priester Resource Depositary10. It Allows us to Obtain/ Blog Monitor Feedback
12. Favorite Quote“Focus on connecting with the people, and the toolswill all make sense.” ~Chris Brogan
13. Got Questions?Need More Information? Marissa Stone Marissa.Stone@gmail.com http://twitter.com/Marissa_stone http://gplus.to/MarissaStone http://www.facebook.com/H.Marissa.Stone http://www.linkedin.com/in/MarissaStone