2. Facebook Facts•Over 845 million active users•More than 50% of active users log indaily•Average user has 130 friends
3. Why use Facebook Go where your audience is Listen to customers Connect/build a relationship with customers Viral marketing Visible to everyone Including non-Facebook users Shows up in search Drive traffic to website
4. How Facebook works•Profile vs. Page•What is “Timeline”?
5. Profile vs. Page Profile: personal user account It is how you log in Real person: first & last name Page: public way for brands, businesses, organizations and public figures to connect with Facebook users
6. Other Facebook terms Administrator: users that operate and manage pages News Feed: stream of recent posts by all pages your page has liked Timeline: a new page and profile format on Facebook; allows you to fill in past milestones Alsorefers to your page’s recent posts; users can post on your Timeline
7. Setting up your Page•facebook.com/pages/create.php•How do I get “likes”?
8. Setting up your Page1. Go to www.facebook.com/pages/create.php Select your classification & category2. Enter basic info Business name, location, photo, brief bio (in About field), website URL3. Fill in the Page Open hours, description, email address, photos
9. How do I get “likes”? 1. Cross-promote Website, business cards, flyers, signage, email, other social media 2. Invite people you know NOTE: It will take some time to build May need to purchase an ad to help build your audience
10. What do I post?•Figuring out what to post•How often should I post?
11. What do I post? Ask questions Connect to the Share info related real world to your business (holidays, etc) Create an event Contests, deals & Photos offers (check the rules) Behind the scenes Tools & tips Respond to Have fun! comments
12. How often should I post? Minimum: once or twice a week Maximum: every 3 hours The key is consistency Letsyour audience know what to expect Keep a sustainable pace Some activity is better than none at all
13. Show me the data!Using Facebook Insights
14. Facebook Insights Page posts Shows you past posts Sort by different categories to optimize day, time, content People Talking About The number of unique users who have interacted with your page (comments, likes, shares) Reach The number of unique users who have seen any of your page’s content (News Feed, ads, friend posts)
15. How do I know it’s working? Growth in audience Will be slow, but should be steady If you plateau, try something new Growth in customers Shouldhelp build regulars Eventually lead to increase in sales Note: Loyal customers become brand ambassadors
16. Case Studies
17. Case Studies Coca-Cola Starbucks Dove Target Nike The Today Show
18. BONUS: Scheduling ToolsScheduling tools help you with timemanagement
19. Scheduling Tools Why schedule? Optimize for time & day Increases efficiency & time management Tools provide analytics (data) How do I know what to post? Editorial calendar will help you stay focused Scheduling Tools (free! Facebook & Twitter!) Hootsuite Tweetdeck