1. Deep Security 8A Server Security Platform for Physical Virtual CloudSiupan Chan – Principal Consultant, Trend Micro Hong Kong Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc.
2. Key Trends: Datacenter Consolidation• Traditional security adds operational challenges and security risks• Increases Security TCO and limits virtualization/cloud adoption Physical y Virtual Cloud servers servers servers • Glut of security • Security reduces • Less visibility products performance • More external risks • Higher TCO • Mixed workloads Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc.
3. 2009: A Historic Year for Servers 16 Virtual machine shipments surpassed physical server shipped 14 12 10 百萬 萬 8 6 4 2 0 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Physical Hosts Virtual Machines Virtualization changed and simplified how IT manages servers and datacenters Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc.
4. Key Trends: Sophisticated data-stealing threatsData security is more challenging than ever before • More Profitable • More Sophisticated • More Frequent Advanced Persistent Threats De-Perimeterization • More Targeted Perimeter defenses are not adequate anymore 4 Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc.
5. Key Trends: Regulatory ComplianceSolutions Need to Achieve Broader Coverage with Lower TCO More standards: • PCI, SAS70, HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA / NIST 800-53, MITS… , , , , , More specific security requirements Virtualization, Web applications, EHR, PII… • Vi t li ti W b li ti EHR More penalties & fines • HITECH, Breach notifications, civil litigation “ DMZ consolidation using virtualization will be a "hot spot” for auditors, given the greater risk of mis-configuration and lower visibility of DMZ policy violation. Through year end violation year-end 2011, auditors will challenge virtualized deployments in the DMZ more than non-virtualized DMZ solutions. -- Neil MacDonald, Gartner Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc. 5 ”
7. Deep Security 8Agentless Security for VMware Trend Micro Deep SecurityIntegrates Agentless with 1 IDS / IPS VMsafe VM f vCenter APIs Web Application Protection Application Control pp Security Virtual Firewall Machine g Agentless v 2 S vShield Antivirus p Endpoint Agentless h 3 e Integrity Monitoring vShield Endpoint r e Agent-based 4 Log Inspection Security agent on individual VMs Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc.
8. Deep Security 8 Integrity MonitoringAgentless Integrity Monitoring The Old Way With Agent-less Integrity Monitoring Security VM VM VM Virtual Appliance VM VM VM VM Zero Added Faster Better Stronger Footprint F t i t Performance P f Manageability M bilit Security S it • Zero added footprint: Integrity monitoring in the same virtual appliance that also provides agentless AV and Deep Packet Inspection • Stronger Security: Expands security footprint on VMs, built in tamperproofing • Order of Magnitude savings in manageability • Virtual Appliance avoids performance degradation from FIM storms Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc. 8 8
9. Deep Security 8 Agent-based Anti-malware Deep Packet Firewall Inspection Anti-malware A ti l WEB REPUTATION VDI Local Mode SERVICES Hyper-V & Xen-based Integrity Log Virtual Servers Monitoring Inspection• New Agent-based AV for physical Windows and Linux* systems, Hyper-V & Xen based virtual servers, and virtual desktops in local mode Xen-based *Linux AV = scheduled scan, agent only, coming Q1 2012• Web reputation services through integration with Smart Protection Network protects systems/users from access to malicious websites Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc. 9
10. Deep Security 8Integrity Monitoring Ease of Use Enhancements (Agent + Agentless) Destination Certified Safe Software Service • Good Events (eg. Windows Source Destination Destination SP Roll out) typically add operational complexity • Nominating system as Golden Host creates template for good events for remaining systems Destination • Cloud-based event whitelisting further reduces IT burden Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc. 10
11. Summary / Key MessagesDeep Security 8 extends its leadership in server and virtualization security• A fully integrated server security platform built for physical virtual and cloud• Agentless integrity monitoring adds to other agentless modules, enables better security and compliance without added cost or complexity• Agent-based AV extends common protection across all aspects of PVC• Integration with SecureCloud 2 adds context-aware data protection in cloud environments Trend Micro Trend Micro 22.9% 13% All All Others Top ratings for Others Virtualization Combined Security 77.1% 87% Source: Worldwide Endpoint Source: 2011 Technavio – Security 2010-2014 Forecast Global Virtualization Security and 2009 Vendor Shares, IDC Management Solutions Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc. 11
12. Trend Micro: VMware #1 Security Partner and2011 Technology Alliance Partner of the Year Improves Security Improves Virtualization by b providing the most idi th t by b providing security solutions idi it l ti secure virtualization infrastructure, architected to fully exploit with APIs, and certification programs the VMware platform VMworld: Trend Micro Dec: Deep Security 7.5 virtsec customer Nov: Deep Security 7 w/ Agentless AntiVirus with virtual appliance Vmworld: Announce May: Trend acquires i RSA: Trend Micro RSA T d Mi Deep Security 8 Feb: Join Third Brigade Demos Agentless & vShield OEM VMsafe RSA: Other vendors program Sale of DS 7.5 “announce” Agentless Before GA 2008 2009 2010 2011 July: VMworld: Announce Q1: VMware buys RSA: Trend Micro CPVM Deep Security 7.5 Deep Security for announces Coordinated GA Internal VDI Use approach & Virtual pricing And shows Vmsafe demo Q4: Joined EPSEC 2010: RSA: Trend Micro vShield Program >100 customers announces virtual Copyright 2009 Trend Micro Inc. >$1M revenue appliance