JULIA LEE KUAN
cell phone: (+1) 415. 676. 7962 • e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • skype: hellojulialee
Born and raised in Spain from Taiwanese parents I had the fortune of growing up bicultural and trilingual.
Today I continue to feed my global cultural appetite as I pursue a career as an Advertising Account Planner.
I am a passionate and creative strategist seeking enriching adventures in Advertising, Marketing and Branding.
• Master Fine Arts in Advertising, Account Planning emphasis, ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY; San Francisco, CALIFORNIA (‘08)
• Bachelor Science in Advertising and Public Relations, UNIVERSITY OF BASQUE COUNTRY; Bizkaia, SPAIN (‘05)
• Freelance Account Strategist; WIKREATE San Francisco (May ’09 to present)
Responsibilities include managing day-to-day client communications, project management, strategic planning and new business development.
Channels include traditional, social media, acquisition, direct marketing and direct response campaigns in the healthcare and broadcast categories.
• Freelance Strategic Planner; GUMAS ADVERTISING San Francisco (Nov ‘08 – Apr ‘09)
Managed primary and secondary research efforts, generated creative briefs, white papers and “Industry Snack Bites”, contributed to overall
strategic recommendations and media strategies. My work concentrated on the B2B, banking and construction categories, delivering
traditional, online and brand strategy campaigns.
• Account Planning Intern; T.A.G, parent MCCANN WORLDGROUP San Francisco (Jun– Aug ‘08)
Contributed with primary and secondary research for the Disney and Nike accounts, generated market and cultural reports for Microsoft
Xbox—including “The Gaming Tree”—as well as white papers.
• Media Intern; SCORCH MEDIA, parent CARAT FUSION San Francisco (Jan– May ‘08)
Conducted demographic research and familiarized with Mediamark MRI and online search while developing media plans.
• Hospitality Team Member; CIRQUE DE SOLEIL Bizkaia, Spain (Oct ‘06– Jan ‘07)
Assisted VIP guests, sponsors and press in the Hospitality team. Helped as Cirque Mascot on a couple of occasions.
• Market and Consumer Researcher; IPSOS- ECO Bizkaia, Spain (Summer ‘05)
Administered street surveys and in depth interviews for consumer packaged products.
Honors and Awards
• Academy of Art University Annual Spring Show (May ‘08): 2 Gold, 1 Silver and Best Account Planner Award
• Academy of Art University Annual Winter Show (Dec ‘07): 1 Gold and Best Account Planner Award
• Workshops: Neutron U “Radical Differentiation”, Wine Tasting and Public Speaking
• Technical: Adobe CS4 (including Flash), HTML, Final Cut and SPSS
• Languages: Fluent in English and Spanish, conversational Mandarin