1. PPC to Twitter, SEO to Facebook:Choosing the Right Tools for the Job in Search Marketing Rob Shaw www.epiphanysolutions.co.uk
2. Lets talk about Martin…
3. …he has a passion….
4. …and an opportunity… An opportunity….
5. A reasonable start.
6. A predictable next step…..a mistake.A predictable next step…a mistake!
7. It’s time to turn this into a business!Lets use the right tools for the job!
8. Website build • Easy to host • Easy to install • Open source (free) • Well supported & documented • Easy to SEO (plugins)
9. Web design & usability
10. Web design & usability
11. Conversion rate optimisation • What is it? • Test, test and test again! • Tools…..
12. PPC •Start small, be specific •Competitor research – find your USP •Targeted landing pages •Allocate a budget month 1 and stick to it! •Think about the buying cycle (last click!)
13. SEO • Structure, content & links • Research your keywords & focus (PPC can help) • Get your local listings sorted – Google Places • Submit to Google products/base • Start your own link building (partners/suppliers) • Social Media & Community engagement will be key • Make the most of SEOmoz
14. Social Media • Choose a name and bag it! (example) • Community engagement • Monitoring (Radian 6/Sysomos/Google alerts) • Think about website content (many benefits) • Think about useful resources – Race planner for Martin? •Blog/Content – promote through social media
16. Social Media • Choose a name and bag it! (example) • Community engagement • Monitoring (Radian 6/Sysomos/Google alerts) • Think about website content (many benefits) • Think about useful resources – Race planner for Martin? • Infographics? •Blog/Content – promote through social media
17. Twitter • Get on with it!!! • Fully complete your profile (including image) • CoTweet – multiple supporters • TweetDeck – Good single user tool • Backtweets.com – who is linking through twitter? •Great way of finding people to engage with • Start following your target market • Look for and target key influencers • Competitions • Talk about what you know • Think about your style (Smart casual?)
19. Facebook • Make the most of the demographic targeting • Test different images, ad text and bespoke landing pages • Adverts can be removed suddenly with negative feedback – have others ready