The purpose of establishing a public private partnership is to involve all stakeholders in a community in risk hazard management.
General Characteristics of Successful Public-Private Partnerships
- Key Partner Involvement from the Beginning
- Clear Ground Rules, Roles and Responsibilities
- Consensus Based Decision Making
Obstacles and Challenges
- Unclear Lines of Responsibility and Accountability
Primary Sectors in a Community for Partners
- Infrastructure: Transportation, Utilities and Housing
- Volunteer & Community-Based Organizations
Implementation strategy for Statewide Public Outreach
- Catalog groups that are working on hazard related issues
- Identify existing outreach activities
- Develop additional strategies to build on existing outreach.