1 13 Kynsey Road Colombo 8 Sri Lanka Mobile : +94772994455
E-mail: Hiranwije@gmail.com /email@example.com
Objective: A challenging position where I am able to utilize my experience combined with my
skills to prosper in a growth oriented organization.
A seasoned professional with practical experience and solid understanding of a diverse range of
sales and marketing product and service management including market analysis, sales and
marketing , team building and sales development. Demonstrated ability to select train and retain
self motivated, customer oriented employees. High-caliber presentation, negotiation and closing
• A visionary leader experienced in strategic planning and execution.
• Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and
• Ability to identify and secure revenue sources.
• Highly networked with officials at all the levels in government and private business
• Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects
• Ability to deal with different situations spontaneously.
• Handle stress well. Dedicated to customer satisfaction
• Highly experienced in all Sales and Management aspects.
• Good organizational skills.
Chief Executive Officer/Commercial Director – Moota Telecom (Sri Lanka) January 2010
Developed a strategic plan promote revenue, profitability and growth of the Sri Lankan office.
Oversee company operations in Sri Lanka to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and
cost effective management of resources.
Approved operational procedures, policies and standards.
Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining
objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
Evaluation of the performance of a team of software/network engineers for compliance with
established policies and objectives
Represent the company at various forums and at formal functions.
Actively promoted sales & marketing activities.
Directed and lead planning and project management activities between Norway Headquarters and
Sales Manager – North East Region: at&t - March 1999 to September 2009
Financial Accountability – Consistently continue to achieve sales objectives including
activation’s, accessories, enhanced services and revenue goals. Tracking and measuring retail
store performance. Preparation of sales projections, management reports and retail store
correspondence. Responsible for P&L including: Effectively managing multiple store/kiosk
payrolls including overtime and multiple store/kiosk operating expenses. Preparation of sales
projections, management reports and retail store correspondence. Monitoring operations for
regular compliance with policies and procedures. Developing, implementing and evaluating local
sales incentive programs for sales representatives. Establishing, implementing and evaluating
regular store visit program and activity forms for feedback to upper management.
Human Resource Management – Recruitment, selection and training of personnel. Assisted
Managers in recruitment, selection, development and training. Documenting and managing
Performance Improvement Plans. Guiding and evaluating management performance by providing
timely feedback. Provided management with support during peak periods or when scheduling
Customer Experience – Ensuring that the sales and service standards are followed to assure that
the customer has a World-Class experience. Effectively communicated with other departments on
behalf of customers or employees. Focused on retaining customers, by providing updated product
and promotional information. Handled customer escalations.
Operational Compliance – Responsible for visiting stores/kiosks on a regular basis. Sales and
agent commission reconciliation. Responsible for daily financial, accounting and inventory
controls. Develop and continue to execute selling strategies that impact the sales for the channel.
Strategic involvement with local marketing initiatives and securing new locations. Developed and
maintained an effective relationship with all distribution channel principals. Function as the
Interface between National Retail accounts and Company departments to enhance
communications and expedite processes.
Self-Development- Became involved with community programs and activities that impact
Company goals in a positive manner
• Increased month over month revenue and new activations, and was successful in increasing
branch sales by 45 % over the prior year
• Year 2000 sales performers club.
• Personal achievement of 1000 Value Added Services (features) in 12 months
• Churn buster award for saving accounts
• Leadership award for overall performance in sales, customer service, Administrative and
• Leaders Club award for sales performance – 2 nd
Retail Sales Manager: Metrocall Inc., June 1996 to February 1999
Responsible for achieving Company objectives and executing initiatives, programs and
procedures to ensure complete compliance and achievement in the areas of store financial results,
customer service, operations, merchandising, marketing and staff training and development.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead in maximizing positive results in the area of Company change and growth through
ongoing, proactive and effective downward communication.
• Fostered an environment of open and upward communication with all staff to insure positive
employee morale, effective conflict resolution and upward flow of creative ideas for the
benefit of the Company and its employees.
• Attained and exceeded financial goals by directing employees in their efforts and execution
of individual store financial goals and attainment of all Company sales initiatives.
• Developed and lead personnel to be proactive in new business development, sales process
execution, customer service, cost control and their ability to properly analyze and take
corrective measures in all areas.
• Taught, lead and coached direct reports to increase their effectiveness, efficiency and
• Trained in the New Base ACCLIVUS management-coaching program in 1996.
• Ranked among the top 10 sales performers in the United States.
• Nominee for the National Achievement award, for top performers who achieved 120% of
Communications Consultant: Metrocall Inc., - September 1995 to May 1996
• Member of the outside sales team, of a large nationwide paging company.
• Gained experience in cold calling and personal selling.
• Serviced established accounts; contacted and sold new accounts.
• Trained on the ACCLIVUS personal selling training program.
Sales and Marketing Manager: Teletronics Ltd. (Sri Lanka) - June 1994 to July 1995
• Set up the overall sales and marketing operation for a new telecommunication and cellular
• Responsible for all sales and marketing activities including Recruitment and training of
fourteen sales consultants and many distributors for managing and achieving sales and
marketing goals of Cellular and communications equipment.
• Coordinated customer quotations and assigned account responsibilities.
• Established and maintained communication between sales, marketing and other personnel as
well as customers and vendors.
• Developed marketing strategies that included planning, implementing, and controlling, to
gain a 20% market share within one year while achieving over 120% quotas
Divisional Manager: Forbes (Ceylon) Ltd. - March 1992 to May 1994
• Took charge of a non-profitable division in cellular communication equipment and turned it
into a profitable operation.
• Recruited and developed a new sales team and a distributor network to implement aggressive
• marketing and advertising strategies based on a concentrated teamwork environment.
• Researched potential products that would attract the local market.
• Identified vendors and was successful in obtaining their dealerships.
Product Manager: Communication and Business Equipment (Pvt) Ltd.(Sri Lanka) -
December to 1990 to February 1992
• Manager in charge of marketing Alcatel PABX systems and Litron personal computers into
the market. The sales team consisted of 4 Sales Consultants, and 7 Sales Representatives.
• Responsible for identifying the market and creating a marketing plan, which resulted in the
gain of a 37 % market, share.
Liaison Officer: Herman Ludwig Organization/Calberson International - March 1990 to
Functioned as the Sri Lankan representative for the above named International Freight
Forwarder with offices in over 50 countries around the world. Gained a fair knowledge in
shipping/freight forwarding operations and also in clearing/forwarding of cargo.
Sales & Marketing Executive: Informatics (Pvt)Ltd. - September 1987 to October 1989
Started career as a Trainee and was subsequently promoted to the above position in a company
specializing in Information Technology. The company is the Sri Lankan agent for Siemens-
Nixdorf Main Frame, Mini & Personal computers. Was assigned to handle the Hotel/Retail
computerization market segment and received overseas training on the subject.
• Executive Member – American Marketing Association
• Member- American Management Association International
• Professional Member National Association of Sales Professionals USA
American Field Service Scholarship to New Zealand - 1983 to 1984