2. Activity-Wider or TallerArmspan____________ your tool____________ partner’s tool___________ in cm, using a rulerHeight ____________ your tool____________ partner’s tool____________ in cm, using a rulerWhy would these tools not be considered standard units?Was your arm span greater, less, or the same as yourheight?
3. massMeasure of the amount ofmatter in an objectMeasured with balancescale
4. A balance scale measures mass.
5. volumeAmount of space that matter takes upMeasured by: Length X Width X Heightor with graduated cylinder
6. densityAmount of mass in a certainvolume of matterMass/volumeDetermines whether objectfloats or sinks in waterWhy Objects Float Activity
7. metric system- based on 10’sMeasured inmass grams (g)volume Solids- cubic centimeter(cm3)Liquids- milliliters (mL)density grams/cubic cm or mL(g/cm3) or (g/mL)