One of the most admired and innovative airlines in the world.
The Emirates Group is a dynamic travel and tourism operation
with a global reputation for excellence spanning every aspect of
the industry. It is known for its luxurious on-board as well as
• Emirates Airline is an airline based in Dubai UAE.
• Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum founded Emirates Airline in
1984 and started operation in 1985.
• It is the largest airline in the Middle East, operating nearly 3,400 flights
per week from its hub at Dubai International Airport to more than 133
cities in 74 countries across 6 continents.
• Fleet: Airbus A330-200, Airbus A340-300, Airbus A380, Boeing 777-300.
• IATA Code: EK
• ICAO Code: UAE
Mr. Sheikh Mohammed bin
Rashid Al Maktoum
MR. TIM CLARK
CORPORATE HEAD QUARTER IN
AREAL VIEW OF DUBAI
FACTS AND FIGURES
• In 1992 Emirates becomes the first airline to install video systems in
all seats in all classes throughout its fleet.
• 1993 Emirates becomes the first airline to introduce
telecommunications on an Airbus – in all three classes.
• 1994 Emirates is the first airline to equip an Airbus fleet with an on-
flight fax facility.
• Pakistan International Airlines agrees to wet-lease Emirates two
• Emirates was the first to introduce customer loyalty programes.
Four million passengers vote in the Skytrax internet poll and named
Airline of the Year in 2002.
• It is the largest employer in Middle east employing more than
• More than 500 international awards are testament to the hard work
and determination of every member of the Emirates Group team.