• YAR 2012 was attended by around 400 alumni
and their families.
• It was a day long event this time.
• Healthy discussions were held regarding
VNITAA’s activities and its upcoming initiatives.
• Dinner was based on a ‘Dhaba’ theme, all
decorations were made to give attendees the
feel of an actual Dhaba (No drinks ).
• Yes, we sang and danced this time too…
• Several guest lectures were organized for the students, a few
of them were as follows:
1. Big Data Seminar by Kartik Vyas (Persistent Systems)
2. Seminar by Milind Atre (‘84 Batch, Prof. at IITB)
3. Seminar on film making by Milind Ukey (‘87 Batch, Director
of movie Pathshala).
• Classical Music concerts by alumni:
1. Morning Raga by Vishawas Sirgaonkar (‘80 Batch)
2. Sangeet Sabha by Nandu Atre (‘74 Batch)
• Movie Screening:
Special screening of the movie “Dehradun Diary” was done
for VNITians, this movie was directed by Milind Ukey (‘87
• VNITAA arranged part-time jobs for 5 students.
• Weekly meetings were held in the Alumni Interaction Office
• VNITAA co-ordinated chapter meets at different places (e.g.
Mumbai, Pune, Lucknow etc.)
• New Chapters added:
1. Dubai Chapter
2. Singapore Chapter
3. Kolkata Chapter
4. Vidarbha Chapter
• Scholarship For economically challenged but Academically
• This program gives scholarship to students who have 7.5
pointer and above but family income less than Rs.40000 /-
• The expenses (fees+hostel charges+ sundry expenses) are in
the tune of 85k per year. No way family can support their
• Last year 22 students were provided a scholarship of INR
22,000 each which is half of their tuition fees.
• VNITAA realized that students need to be provided with good
internship opportunity to increase their employability and give
them a good industrial exposure.
• These internship are offered by our own Alumni.
• Last year VNITAA helped 67 students in getting a good
• This year we are making an early start in gathering contacts so
that more students can benefit from this initiative.
• Our own Alumni will be the mentors for our student mentee's.
• We have received lot of applications from alumni for being
Mentors who want to give back to VNIT by sharing their
experience and guiding students in various fields.
• The mentorship will be of 2 kinds:
1. One-to-One mentorship:
Every student, as soon as he/she takes admission into VNIT, will
be assigned an alumnus mentor (8-10 students can be assigned
to one single mentor). This person will be responsible to guide
and check regularly on his/her mentees. He will be easily
approachable and can be consulted for personal guidance.
2. Career based/Interest based mentorship:
If any particular student feels that he/she requires career based
or interest based mentorship, he/she can approach VNITAA
which will then connect him/her to the correct mentor.
We Need Mentors
• To make our mentorship program successful, we invite
applications from alumni for becoming mentors.
• We can all do our bit to avoid any more unfortunate events in
• You can really help some student excel by providing him/her
guidance on your field of interest or motivate him/her just by
sharing your personal experience.
• You can register at the following link:
We Need Funds
• A modest target of INR 2 Crore was set for the VNITAA corpus
fund at the time of Golden Jubilee Meet by looking at the
response from alumni.
• We were able to collect only INR 55 Lakhs by now, which is
only 25% of what we had estimated.
• All our activities are based on the interest which VNITAA gets
on the corpus amount. In order to take up more activities and
scale up the existing ones, more money is needed.
How to contribute
1. Visit vnitalumni.com. Click on Alumni fund option. Click on
Pay online. We have integrated secured payment gateway in
our site. You could pay Monthly, yearly or one time. You
could pay from Rs. 1000 ~ 1000000. we have included
guidelines of "how to pay online" in our site. you could use
credit card and even pay small monthly amount.
• 2. Send money to account by Wire transfer, RTGS. Following
are the details of Bank Account along with the information
required for wire transfer.
Account Name : VNIT NAGPUR ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
1. Account Number : 32203964151
2. Branch : VRCE
3. Branch Code : 06702
4. MICR Code : 440002005
5. IFC Code : SBIN0006702
You would also need to send email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please include details of your name, date and transaction ID.
This will help in reconciliation and also enable us to send you
3. Send cheque to Account name "VNIT Nagpur Alumni
Association" at following address:
VNIT Nagpur Alumni Association
Alumni Interaction Office, Second Floor New Library Building
VNIT, South Ambazari Road
Nagpur , Maharashtra, India
Pin : 440010
4. Contributing through VNIT NAAM Fund, Inc.
• This organization has been registered and has a Federal tax ID.
• We are in the process of opening a bank account in that name
too and soon we will apply for getting tax-deductible status for
• We will be starting the process to request a 501(c)(3) status
for VNIT NAAM Fund, Inc with the IRS.