Problem Solving &Problem Solving &
Decision MakingDecision Making
- By Prof. Purvish Shah
BE, PGDBM (Gold Medalist)
When you require to make a Decision?
-When there is more than one option
- When there is uncertainty about future or
Out come is not known.
- When there is a Problem. ( Problem is
deviation from standard performance )
Manoj Problem Areas for Managers
PROBLEM SOLVING APPROCHES:
[ Be Proactive rather Reactive ]
POINTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE MAKING DECISION
- Identify the Actual Problem
- Find alternative
- Assess all the alternative thoroughly
- Correct understanding of Data
- Analyze criticality of decision
- Consider who all will be affected from Decision
- Who will make decision
- Who will take responsibility of decision
FOUR QUADRANT OF DECISION
-I have to complete two related reports
with different data and presentation. One
was requested by my boss and one by
my director. Both of them asked me to
submit the report immediately.
Which one should I complete the first?