Delhi Institute of Advanced
• Brothers Adolf and Rudolf Dassler started making shoes -1924
• Rudolf Dassler left Adi and started PUMA-1948
• Rudolf passed away Armin started to run Puma -1974
• In 1986, it became a public company, and was listed on the
Frankfurt Stock Exchange
• The company distributes its products in more than 120
countries, employs more than 9,000 people worldwide and has
headquarters in Germany, Boston, London and Hong Kong.
• Puma logo grips a notion of strong and chic icon with the
help of a leaping animal and bold font. A distinguished
impression is immediately cast on the spectator, narrating
the kind of image the company possesses.
• Shape of Puma Logo:
A leaping Puma, an animal known as cougar, panther or a
mountain lion, is highlighted in the Puma logo. It summarizes
the power beast-like nature of the firm and its products.
The logo enhances the attributes of the firm’s reliability
and its product’s aptitude in the international market.
• Color of Puma Logo:
Puma logo is wrapped graciously in black hue which depicts
immense supremacy and strength of the firm itself.
The complete Puma logo is a sign of authority and
confidence. The bold font featured in Puma logo projects
the firm’s stability and prominence.
• Puma AG has approximately 9204 employees and distributes
its products in more than 80 countries.
• CEO and Chairman Jochen Zeitz since 1993.
• Puma is the main producer of enthusiast driving shoes and
• It is the official sponsor for FIFA World Cup.
• Puma has partnership with Ferrari and BMW.
•Well known luxury brand
•4 years ago Prada dared to step into the sport segment
•Focus on fashion and trends but their price strategy is still too high
•Major fashion brand including: sunglasses, footwear, watches, fragrances and
•Experienced an unexpected growth rate
•Brand is still situated in Italy (jeans production)
•No. 1 sports brand in the world
•US based: administrative activities, design and product innovation
•Sub brands like “Tiger Woods” and “Michael Jordan”
Adidas Salmon AG
•Focus on core sports like soccer, tennis, athletics and skiing
•6 times the financial resources
•Design and marketing department are located in France and Germany
National Brand Ambassadors
Advertising Strategies & Creative launch
Online Selling Facilities for Asian Countries
Gaining commercial Advantage from R&D and Innovations
Advertising In India
• India Creative Factory Launch
• Focus on more revenue generation from Cricketing Equipments
• Sponsoring Ranji Trophy
• Print media
• Creative hoardings
• Kolkata, Goa, Kerala: More Focus on Football Gears revenue
• T .V Commercials
• Online Customization Options: For High End Customers
Gaining Commercial advantage
from R&D and Innovations
• Clever Little Bags: Takes 65%
less paper and reduces water,
diesel and energy consumption
• Apparel Packaging: One more
fold and reduced packaging
size. By the use of 100%
tremendous savings in amount
of plastic used(720 tonnes)
• Hangtags: we simply reduced
the size of them and squeezed
all the product information –
and PUMA humor – into fewer
pages which results into
tremendous paper savings(45%
of previous use)
• Anti Child labor Campaign: Beating Competitors on Social and
• Sports Scholarships: Promoting sports culture
• Environmental pollution control: Initiative to create awareness for
ecologically sustainable business
Experience in R and D Fitness hype
Management and International
Acquisitions and sponsorships
Missing Sports Segments Actual economic situation
Low financial resources compared to
High competition and imitation of
• Strong presence: sports and lifestyle/fashion market.
• Products meeting market demand.
• High innovative and qualitative products.
• Big distribution network.
• Harnessing resources and experiences.
• Ample knowledge in R & D.