6. It is a lead and sales generationmachine.Top Of Funnel (TOF)Middle Of Funnel (MOF)Bottom Of Funnel (BOF)
7. TOF MOF BOFMOFMOFMOF
8. 1 Offer 2 Landing Page 3 Auto emailWebsite Lead Flow@hiddenpeakint4 Workflow
9. You normallywouldn’t asksomeone to marryyou on the firstdate…2
10. So, why is the only Call-to-Action onyour website…
11. Most website visitors are still in theresearch stage.
12. The Buying ProcessMove themthrough…1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchase
13. The Buying ProcessMove themthrough…1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchaseProspect State of Mind:Looking to solve a problem or answer aquestion.
14. The Buying ProcessRecommended Content:• Ebooks/Guides• Whitepapers• Checklists• Tip Sheets• VideosMove themthrough…DOWNLOAD FOR FREE! 1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchase
15. The Buying ProcessMove themthrough…1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchaseProspect State of Mind:Understand the problem, need to know whatproduct or service will solve it.
16. The Buying ProcessRecommended Content:• Webinars• Case Studies• Free Samples• Catalogs• Product Spec Sheets1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchaseMove themthrough…
17. The Buying ProcessMove themthrough…1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchaseProspect State of Mind:Knows what solution is needed and is readyto select a product or service to buy.
18. The Buying ProcessRecommended Content:• Free Trials• Free Demos• Consultations• Free Quotes or Estimates• Coupons1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchaseMove themthrough…
19. The Buying Process1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchaseMove themthrough…MarketingSalesProspect State of Mind:Ready to buy, sign a contract, etc.
20. 1. Perform Research
21. 1. Perform Research
22. 1. How many cubic feet do I need? 2. Do I really need a steam dryer? 3. How many cycles are really necessary? 4. What technology lasts the longest? 2. Establish Buying Criteria
23. 2. Establish Buying Criteria
24. 3. Compare Vendors
25. 3. Compare Vendors
26. 4. Make a Purchase
27. The Buying Process1PerformResearch2EstablishBuying Criteria3CompareVendors4Make aPurchaseMove themthrough…MarketingSales
31. Dynamic Segmentation and automationresulting in more leads and customers…Multiple OﬀersMasses SegmentedLists
32. Today’s customeris in control of thebuying journey.4
33. “In today’s buyer’s decision journey,traditional communications just aren’trelevant.”- Marketing is Dead, HBR Blog,August 9, 2012
34. What they hear “all the noise, noise, noise”
35. Has ALL the answers!
36. Are you creating persona-driven contentthat addresses your customers questions,problems, and needs?
37. When they ask ,
38. Does your website provide ananswer?…
39. Persona-driven content increasesinbound leads and customers.
40. 5Content is morethan ‘King’…
41. …it works on your website like compoundinginterest does for your bank account.
42. NewLeadsIndexWebsite PagesSource: HubSpotIMPACT OF WEBSITE CONTENT ON INBOUNDLEADS FOR B2B & B2C COMPANIES
43. NewLeadsIndexWebsite PagesSource: HubSpotIMPACT OF WEBSITE CONTENT ON INBOUNDLEADS BY COMPANY SIZE
44. 6‘Over the Fence’Marketing is forthe Playground.
45. 92%Of prospects are not closed …mainly because of marketingand sales misalignment.Source:
46. LeadsMarketing Sales
47. Generate as many leads as possible using:Leads- PPC, Landing Page campaigns, Purchased Lists,Tradeshow badges scanned.Marketing
48. Needs Prospects that are ready to close.LeadsSales
49. Who’s to blame?
50. Handing off the baton shouldbe smooth, not a toss.
51. It’s time torepositionmarketing withinthe organization.7
53. The Revenue DriverMarketing:
54. 73% of CEOs think Marketers lackbusiness credibility: They can’tprove they generate businessgrowth.2011 study – 600 CEOsWhy?
56. “I always say, if you don’t like what they’resaying, change the conversation.” – PeggyMad Men – April 21, 2013
57. Shift the talk about Engagement - Likes,Tweets, Click-throughs, Shares, Comments,Page Views, etc…
58. Towards more business-impactconversations such as…• Customer Acquisition Cost• Customer Lifetime Value• Cost Per Lead• Marketing InﬂuencedCustomer %• % of Target RevenueAchieved
59. Brand Awareness is important, but…
60. Can you tie thesemetrics toTop-Line GrowthGeneration?MarketingSalesLeads,Prospects,Customers,EvangelistsNet Income
61. Recap1. Your website is more than an electronic brochure.2. Don’t ask for a call or sale before the prospect isready.3. Batch ‘n’ Blast Email is for the past.4. Today’s customer is in control of the buyingjourney.5. Content is more than just ‘King’.6. ‘Over the Fence’ Marketing is for the playground.7. It’s time to reposition marketing.
62. Final word: wondering how yourwebsite is performing?Sign up here and we’ll send you a free report:http://marketing.hiddenpeak.net/free-website-assessment
63. For more information, contact:Erin Carpentererin@hiddenpeak.net@ehcarpenterHidden Peak Interactive, LLCCarlsbad, CAwww.hiddenpeak.netMichael Sengermichael@hiddenpeak.net@webmarketersQuestions?