This chart shows how many teenagers have been Pregnant since the year of 1976.
Do you notice how the average increases in the 1990’s and then soon plummets even lower in Pregnancy than when this specific era?
of Teen Pregnancy started
Teenage Pregnancies Since 1976 in Hispanics
Teenage Pregnancies in certain ages, Whites, Blacks and Hispanics are shown to the right.
San Antonio spends at least 10 million dollars in taxes on Pregnant teens
Teenage Pregnancy is related to other risky behaviors, such as Substance use, Violence, Truancy and Depression.
The SAISD school District has by far the highest number of births towards females under the age of 18
Rates of School-Age Pregnancy and Child-Bearing are much higher for Hispanic and African-American Teens (as shown in the previous slide)
8% of San Antonio births come from teenage mothers
Increase in sexual activity is an increase in teenage sexually transmitted Diseases!
Why do teenagers become Pregnant?
There are many ways for teenage Pregnancy occur, of course
1. Low Self-Esteem- Some teenagers express themselves by becoming pregnant because they want to prove that they are able of sexual activity and causes a boost in their confidence.
2. Rape- The rapist is usually extremely aroused and lonely. These two feelings combined causes rape.
3. Parents- Fathers and mothers pressure their child(ren) to become pregnant just for the retrieval of Welfare money and food stamps.
4. Physcoligical Way Of Living- Some children have experienced something traumatizing in the past (or present) to make them want to use intercourse as a ‘cover-up’.
5. Male/Female Usage Of Protection- For the females, they may slow down on the usage of birth control pills causing them to get pregnant. And the males probably don’t use condoms causing them to get the teenager pregnant.
6. No Knowledge Of Teenage Pregnancy- Some children are not taught about Teenage Pregnancy by their authorities (Mother, Father, Grandmother, Grandfather, School Teachers, Church Teachers, etc.) Teenagers then have sex to experience this feeling. This then leads to the possession or inpossession of abstinence.
How Many Teenagers Become Pregnant?
Declines in Teenage Pregnancy rates have no effect in the amount of pregnancies, which happens to be 820,000 teenagers a year.
That leads to the conclusion that 34% of Teenagers will have a child before the age of 20.
80% of Teenage Pregnancies weren’t planned.
4/10 teenagers claim that their first-time experience was not wanted.
In teenage pregnancy rates, young women under the age of 15 becoming pregnant is rising the most.
Nearly 25% of Teenage mothers have a second child in the next two years .
Funds will be donated to the Seton Home for pregnant teenagers!