1. 1.2a Differential rates of cliff recession due to factors such as fetch, geology and coastal management.
2. To define cliff recession. To explain the factors that cause cliff erosion ◦ wave action, ◦ weathering ◦ mass movement.
3. Cliff recession:Erosion of the cliff face by water, wind or landslide.
4. What are the two main causes of this cliff collapsing?
5. To define cliff recession. To explain the factors that cause cliff erosion ◦ wave action – The fetch ◦ weathering - Geology ◦ mass movement - Vegetation
6. DEFINE: Waves are the main agents of coastalerosion. We call these waves the fetch.As the wave approaches the coast, it begins tolose energy due to friction with the beach.Which beach would slow the wave as it hits thecoast? Beach. a Beach. b
7. Waves are the main agents of erosion on coasts. Their power is determined by ◦ 1. Wind speed ◦ 2. Distance that the wind blows over open waterThe longer the fetch, the stronger the wind andthe more powerful the wave.
8. The type of rock on a coastline will also affect the rate of erosion. Which of the following rocks would erode more quickly? What impact would it have? ROCK overlay link Granite Clay Limestone
9. Here Planting vegetation on a cliff will help it to become more resistant to mass movement and weathering that than cliffs of bare rock.
10. To define cliff recession. To explain the factors that cause cliff erosion ◦ wave action, ◦ weathering ◦ mass movement.