ve been playing with affiliate marketing the last month and was a bit surprised with the
amount of traffic I was able to drive using a blog.
Below is how I set the blog up.
1. I used wordpress.
2. I placed this tag into the header for the SEO part of the site
<title><?php the_title(); ?></title>
<meta name=quot;descriptionquot; content=quot;<?php the_title(); ?>quot;/>
<meta name=quot;keywordsquot; content=quot;<?php the_title(); ?>quot;/>
3. I increased the ping list
4. I used a plug-in called Evermore so it only shows a small piece of the post on the home
page. I then set the blog to show ten posts per page.
5. I used a plug-in called Gregarious that allows a site visitor to book mark the site in the
social media network.
6. I used /%postname%/ to show the name of the post as the url.
7. I grabbed content off free article sites and started posting onto the site for content.
Now I needed to get traffic to the blog so here is what I started doing for traffic.
1. I started leaving comments on ten blogs per day.
2. I started submitting the blog to online blog directory sites.
3. I’ll start using blogxchange.com to get some traffic to the site.
4. I will start this coming week to post product reviews on the site.
5. I will start posting on other forums in the same industry this coming week.
6. I will bookmark the site through the social bookmarking sites.
7. I will be using RSS feeds starting this week for content for the blog.
8. I will start doing link exchanges and use sites like: Link Market - Free Link Exchange,
Link Swap and Link Trade Directory. And GotLinks.com Free Link Exchange Service.
9. I will use sites like Need more traffic to your BLOG? Join BlogExplosion.com the
internet's largest BLOG traffic generator! 100% FREE!(10.10.20.50) to drive more traffic to
10. Last but not least is CONTENT and I‘ll be adding articles everyday to the site from free
The blog was getting really good traffic but very little was going to the affiliate site. So I
increased the size of the header and made it look like an entrance page. I am sure that
there are those that will jump up and down and yell foul. But I am currently driving a ton
of traffic to my affiliate site as well as making good money off it.
Now if I could only find about 10 more affiliates that are worth working with.
How to tell if you may be in the sandbox...
1. The site is on a new domain and less than about 1 year old
2. The keywords you are trying to rank on are considered competitive.
3. Most of the pages of the site has been indexed by Google.
4. The site ranks well for its' competitive keywords in Yahoo and MSN
5. The site ranks well for the non-competitive keywords on Google.
6. The Googlebot visits and crawls the site on a regular basis.
7. The site ranks well for an allinanchor:quot;your keywordsquot; search.
8. The site has a decent number of unique IBL's and an OK PR
9. The site does not have anything known to cause a ban or penalty.
10. The site has decent SEO
11. The site does not rank in the top 300-400 for it's main keyword.
If your site does not have all 11 things I listed above, then you just rank poorly.
Stop asking about the sandbox and Get back to work!
http://360.yahoo.com - PageRank: 8 - Alexa: 1
2. http://spaces.live.com - PageRank: 8 - Alexa: 5
3. http://www.MySpace.com - PageRank: 8 - Alexa: 6
4. http://www.orkut.com - PageRank: 8 - Alexa: 7
5. http://www.facebook.com - PageRank: 8 - Alexa: 10
6. http://www.hi5.com - PageRank: 6 - Alexa: 11
7. http://www.friendster.com - PageRank: 7 - Alexa: 17
8. http://www.fotolog.com - PageRank: 7 - Alexa: 20
9. http://www.livejournal.com - PageRank: 8 - Alexa: 59
10. http://www.bebo.com - PageRank: 7 - Alexa: 89
11. http://www.xanga.com - PageRank: 7 - Alexa: 92
12. http://www.multiply.com - PageRank: 6 - Alexa: 111
13. http://www.linkedin.com - PageRank: 7 - Alexa: 139
14. http://www.piczo.com - PageRank: 6 - Alexa: 263
15. http://www.last.fm - PageRank: 7 - Alexa: 284
16. http://www.stumbleupon.com - PageRank: 8 - Alexa: 288
17. http://www.broadcaster.com - PageRank: 5 - Alexa: 342
18. http://www.gaiaonline.com - PageRank: 6 - Alexa: 424
19. http://www.mybloglog.com - PageRank: 7 - Alexa: 454