1. Personal Development,Health and PhysicalEducation
2. P D H P E• PDHPE is one of the 6 key learning areas in theprimary school curriculum• It focuses on all areas of health including:physical, mental, social and spiritual.• It encourages respect for both yourself andothers• It promotes knowing how to be safe in yourenvironment and making informed decisions• It teaches students about the body, how itworks, how it changes etc.
3. Wh y i s P D H P Ei m p o r t a n t ?• Students don’t only learn aboutgetting active but also how to lead afully healthy lifestyle.They learn about nutrition,interpersonal relationships, healthychoices, growth and development,personal identity and safe living.
4. B e n e f i t s o ft e a c h i n g P D H P EPDHPE helps student not only with leading anactive and healthy lifestyle, but also teachesthem valuable skills that they will use ineveryday life.PDHPE teaches:CommunaictonInteractingMovingProblem solvingDecision making
5. G e t A c t i v ePDHPE is also just FUN! It gets students outof the classroom enjoying themselves andthinking about their bodies. PDHPE providesthe framework for a life long commitment tovaluing health and physical activity.