Exploring Online PortfoliosKurtis Hewson February 5EUS Workshop 2013
• Self-assessment and growth over time• Establish professional goals• Highlight professional growth and achievement• Demonstrate career-long life learning• Tool for securing employmentWho are you as a Professional?
• Greater accessibility – ease of revisions• Greater collection of materials• Ease of sharing• Demonstrate technology proficiencyAre you creating a Digital Binder or a Professional Identity?
20th Century: – Static – One-dimensional – Difficult to edit – Password protected21st Century: – Organic – Interactive – Your digital home
• Who are you as a teacher? – http://allie-billington.weebly.com/• Connection to KSA’s – http://christelhansen.com/ – http://justinbechthold.wordpress.com/• Photos• Student samples – http://ameliaostick.weebly.com/ps1.html• Professional Development record – http://katherineabella.weebly.com/
• Importance of Blogging• Connection to Social Media – Twitter – Youtube – Diigo – LinkedIn – Google + – Pinterest
• Posting references or reference letters• Including student names or photos (without permission)• Neglecting your Digital Footprint• Airing strong opinions
• Passion• Excitement• Commitment• Reflection• Collaboration• Innovation• Life-long learning• Love of children!
• Establish a site• Explore others• Develop organization• Begin posting
• Explore widgets – Twitter feed – Social Media buttons – Goodreads/bookshelf• Add video• Use QR codes• Develop your PLN
• Kurtis Hewson –http://kurtishewson.wordpress.com/• Digital Portfolio samples –http://www.diigo.com/list/hewsonk/ Digital-Portfolio-examples