1. A proposal to have a conducive learningcomputer laboratorySekolah Kebangsaan Pahit, Gerik, Hulu Perak.
2. ObjectivesProvide pupils with the awareness pupils can learnof the technological the applications in computers. world. establish the develop pupils’ self-confidence in creative and the pupils to face the aesthetic skills. future challenges.
3. Background of the school Sekolah Kebangsaan Pahit 300 pupilsGerik, Hulu Perak. 20km from the and 25 teachers main town of nearby villages with Gerik. low social economic status (SES) background.
4. Sekolah Kebangsaan Pahit Only 3 can be used but they are outdated.Computer lab in year 2000 with No maintenance 15 computers. - Dusty/ Dirty - Poor ventilation - Very hot
5. We need… Computers Software Programs Internet Connection LCD Projector Why do we need to have this proposal?Technology enables teachers to delivermore materials to pupils and it alsoeliminated several basic problems.Reid (2002)
6. The use of a computer for listeningexercises often provides not onlysound, but also visual input providingpupils with more contextual clues. Beare(2012) Computers can handle a range of activities and carry out programmed functions at amazing speed. Saad (1999)It can check pupils’ exercises afterthey are done and move them graduallyfrom easier to more difficult exercisesaccording to their level. Saad (1999)
7. a wonderful tool thatcan be used to assist Integration of technologyteachers and pupils should serve to guide, in the classroom. expand and enhance Saad (1999) learning objectives. Antifaiff (2000)Computers can help teachers and pupils to find old information Real life and new information on the learning internet. Valmont & Wepner (2000)
8. One off Payment BudgetNo. Item Cost per-unit (RM) Unit Total (RM)1. Computer 2500.00 30 75000.002. Microsoft Windows 350.00 30 10500.003. Antivirus Software 40.00 30 1200.004. LCD Projector 3500.00 1 3500.005. LCD Projector Screen 500.00 1 500.006. Speaker 300.00 1 300.007. Modem Router 250.00 1 250.008. Cable 10.00 (per meter) 50 500.009. Splitter 3.00 1 3.0010. Extension cable 35.00 15 525.0011. Printer 300.00 1 300.0012. Security System 5000.00 1 5000.0013. Air Conditioner 2000.00 3 6000.0014. Computer Table 50.00 30 1500.0015. Chair 35.00 30 1050.00 Grand Total 106,128.00
9. Monthly PaymentNo. Item Estimation (RM) Unit Total (RM)1. Internet Bill 250.00 - 350.002. Electric Bill 350.00 - 350.00 Total of Monthly Bill 700.00Yearly Payment A total of 12 months X Estimation of Monthly Bills (Internet + Electricity) RM700 X 12 = RM8400 Estimation of Yearly Bills = RM8400
10. Yearly Maintenance Payment Year 1 RM3000.00 Year 2 RM3000.00 Year 3 RM3000.00 Year 4 RM3000.00 Year 5 RM3000.00 Grand Total RM15000.00Budget for 5 YearsOne off Payment + (Projected Yearly Bills X 5 Years) + Total ofProjected Yearly Maintenance Fees for 5 YearsRM106128.00 + (RM8400.00 X 5) + RM15000.00 = RM163128.00 Estimation of budget for a duration of 5 Years = RM163,128.00
11. We need at least fund RM200,000.00 sponsorsWe need 30 computers~ each pupil has the opportunity to explore Intel Core i7, 8 gigabyte and use the computer of RAM, 640 gigabyte individually. of hard disk space, LCD screen and with Windows 7 Home Premium.
12. Equipment & Instructional Software LCD projector Microsoft Office • Used by both• Reading, spelling teachers and and writing skills. pupils to make• Creative presentations. presentations Antivirus • To prevent virus infection.
13. Air conditioners• Conducive learning environment. Speakers • To let the pupils Printers listen to music• Print documents and videos. or pictures for the pupils.• Prepare teaching Webcam aids for the pupils. • Allow video conferencing to be carried out.
14. The ADVANTAGES of the projectEnhance teachers’ teaching career Teaching aids Educational programs Get the works done fasterThe vast array of educational • Online gamessoftware available for download • Digital Storyhas made computers almost Tellingindispensable in the modern • E-bookclassroom. Salgado (2012)
15. The ADVANTAGES of the projectWith the help of internet, computersand speakers, they will have theopportunity to widen their horizonand open up their mind to the world. The process of learning in the classroom can become significantly richer as pupils have access to new and different types of information. National School Boards Association (2012)
16. The DISADVANTAGES of the project software in the computers Maintenance need to be updated yearly cost is high monthly electric bill of the computers and air-conditionersThe limitation of computers is they can bevery EXPENSIVE to purchase. They alsorequire time and money to repair andreplaced with newer models. Wayne (2012)
17. The DISADVANTAGES of the projectDo not haveTECHNICIANS to Do not have EXPERTS inrepair the technology school to guide thetools. teachers and pupils in using the technology tools.Lack of adequate ICT technicians in some of the schoolscaused this programme to not really comprehensive indealing with pupils in school. Simin Ghavifekr, SufeanHussin, Muhammad Faizal A. Ghani (2011)
18. SuggestionsHire experts to the Hire technicians to theschool for long school for long termterm training for computer maintenance.the teachers. Provide computer courses for the school teachers how to operate the technological tools provided. (5 modules)