Pre-Cal 30S October 8th, 2008Presentation Transcript
(1) Find the length x in the figure at right.
(a) 30 (b) 22 (c) 31
(d) 52 (e) 63
(2) How many triangles ABC can be constructed with A = 30°, a = 4, and b = 10?
(a) none (b) one (c) two (d) can't be determined
(3) Solve: 3cos θ - 2 = 0; 0° ≤ θ ≤ 360°
4) How would you calculate the reference angle of the angle θ pictured below?
(5) Camille observes the angle of elevation of a plane to be 48°. At the same instant, the angle of elevation for Ale is 34°. Camille
and Ale are 80 km apart on level ground.
(a) How far is Camille from the plane?
(b) How far is Ale from the plane?
(c) How high is the plane?