2. PURPOSETo analyze various processes involved in forging Steel andcreating various products like Rollers, Discs, Pinions, Shafts etc.
3. Company Details Nitin Forgings and Steel Industries (NFSI) is one of the pioneer manufacturers, stockists, and indentors of quality steel products. Amajor manufacturer of large variety of carbon, alloy and special steel forgings. Developing these steels which are used in earth moving equipments, machine tools, defense, space, tools and dies, nuclear power sector, bearings, water well rig industry, valves, heavy machinery etc.
4. Products NFSI manufactures the following shapes: Rollers, Discs, Pinions, Shafts, Flats, Squares, Hexs, Step Shafts, Blocks, Rings, Rounds and other shapes as per customer’s specification and drawing. Product Advantage (in terms of quality): Better surface quality & size uniformity of products. Materials are forged from high integrity billets/blooms with minimum centre segregation and perfect columnar structure. Ensure best possible surface finish and best possible straightness.
5. Facilities & Machines Clear space open air PNEUMATIC HAMMER (Capacity – 1000 kgs& 400 kgs) for Open Die Forging For Cutting Section: Double Column Semi Automatic Bandsaw Machine BomarErogonomic Swing ARM type Bandsaw Machine Horizontal Hinged type Bandsaw Machine Horizontal type Hacksaw Machine Oil fired furnace for pre-heating JIB Cranes and Electric Over Head Trail for Material Handling 84 KVA Kirloskar DG set for Power Backup
6. Application (Clientele) NFSI manufactures quality steel to cater the need for the following sectors: Cement, sugar, paper and power plants. Crane and material handling equipment Manufacturers. Chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical plants. Steel rolling mills and heavy machinery Manufacturers. Electronic and engineering industries. Turbines, couplings, valves, air curtains and pump manufacturers. Gear, sprockets, Special Purpose Machines (SPM) and hydraulic system manufacturers. Crushing, screening and pulverizing equipment manufacturers. Rigs, hammers, bits, pistons and drilling equipment manufacturers. Dies, press tools, jigs and fixtures, moulds, precision components and conveyor Manufacturers. Steam boilers, heat exchangers, economizers and pressure vessel manufacturers along with other big and small consumers from various industries.
7. Process Flow Chart
8. INSPECTION OF RAW MATERIALS Raw materials – Vizag Steel Plant Ultrasonic Testing – Detect cracks and flaws Ingots Billets Blooms Slabs
9. PREHEATINGFURNACE Makes the products ready for forging process. intense recirculation of the furnace atmosphere covering the entire surface area. Feeders Furnace Oil Oil Tank Service Tank
10. Forging Introduction Use of forgings Classification of forging open die forging impression die forging precision forging flash less forging Processes involved in forging Equipment used Conclusion
11. ANNEALING• Annealing is a process of heat treatment wherein a material is altered, causing changes in its properties such as hardness & ductility.• Annealing is used to induce ductility, soften material, refine the structure by making it homogenous & improve cold working properties.• Annealing occurs due to the diffusion of atoms within a solid material, in order to reach the equilibrium state.• Recovery: Softening of metal through crystal defects. Recrystallization: New strain-free grains nucleate & replace those deformed by internal stresses. Grain Growth: The microstructure starts to coarsen & may cause the metal to have less than satisfactory mechanical properties.• Short Cycle Annealing is used for normal ferrite into malleable ferrite.
12. QUALITY INSPECTION Nitin Forgings and Steel Industries is committed to provide quality products to it’s customers. It has met the requirements of ISO 9001:2001 certification. Use of Ultrasonic Testing for:i. Base Metal Inspectionii. Weld Inspectioniii. Discontinuity in length determinations
13. Various tests, like, Tension Test, Bend Test, Hardness Test, Tensile Test, etc. are conducted on raw materials. Inspection is also done by third party agencies, like Lloyds Register, Bureau Veritas, Det Norske Veritas, TUV, UHDE and Bekhrad International Inspection Services.
14. DESPATCH Supplies it’s products locally. Transportation done through company-owned trucks. No intermediaries involved in transportation. Self- sufficient despatch system.