1. SOCIAL MEDIA MEETS CRMReinventing Customer Service Hessie Jones September 28, 2011
2. Traditional Channels The institutions traditionally defined and controlled the Brand.But traditional marketers are realizing that product sales were notnecessarily the result of messaging from the marketers to theconsumer….
3. New ParadigmsTraditional SOCIAL NETWORKINGConversations Digital Conversations Visit My Facebook Profile Search for Reviews I Wrote Read My Tweets Read My Blog Participate in a Community Ask Me Conversation Directly The game is changing…social computing has made it easier to amplify conversation and influence…..
4. Access proliferation has putcustomers in control of how,when and what kind of media they consume
5. Digital Evolution Old MediaReach Mass Media Niche Media
6. Digital Evolution New Media Old Media ReachReach Mass Media Niche Media Mass Media Niche Media
7. Digital Evolution New Media Old Media ReachReach Mass Media Niche Media Mass Media Niche Media
8. Digital Evolution New Media Old Media !"#$#%&%"( ReachReach Mass Media Niche Media Mass Media Niche Media
9. Digital Evolution New Media Old Media !"#$#%&%"( ReachReach Mass Media Niche Media Mass Media Niche Media
10. How long does it take to reach 50 million users? TV: 13 years Radio: 38 years Internet: 4 years! iPod: 3 years Facebook added 200 million users in less than a year !"#$%$&(()*$*$)*+$&)*,-
11. “Mind-bending” social media stats 20 percent of searches on Google There are more than 3.5 billion pieces of content (web links, news each day have NEVER been stories, blog posts, etc.) shared searched for before. each week on Facebook. 43 percent of all online 56 percent of LinkedIns 100 million users are outside of the consumers are social media United States. fans or followers $3.08 billion will Every day, 2,300 new Wikipedia be spent to articles are created, adding to its 17 advertise on social networking million articles, with contributions sites in 2011, a from 91,000 active contributors. 55 percent increase overThere are more than 5 billion 2010.photos on Flickr. http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/23865/13-Mind-Bending-Social-Media-Marketing-Statistics.aspx
12. News travels fast... Search and Social are connected Increasingly, product quality and what a brand stands for is determined by Google
13. TRUST is the New Currency... enter Cluetrain ManifestoA radical change has occurred inthe World of advertising andmarketingConsumers are listening less andless…Interruptive Marketing hasseen its day. The Audience is Creating…The Audience is Selecting…. The Audience is Changing…and as a result the audience is telling brands…… “You want us to pay? We want you to pay attention. ” “ The Internet has become a place where people could talk to other people without constraint. Without ﬁlters or censorship or oﬃcial sanction — and perhaps most signiﬁcantly, without advertising ” “Dont talk to us as if youve forgotten how to speak. Dont make us feel small. Remind us to be larger. Get a little of that human touch. ”
14. Social Media Model A distinct opportunity in the Canadian marketplace is created for companies who can act as brand stewards …… and influence consumerperceptions, attitudes andbehaviours to create brandadvocates
15. The New Customer Relationship Social Marketing
16. Beneﬁts are Clear
17. Media Deﬁned in the New Customer World
18. Where Social Meets CRM
19. Social Media is evolving... did you know? Online users in rapid-growth regions like Latin America, the Middle East and China are nowSmartphone shipments will spending more time on socialoutpace PCs by 2012? networking sites than on email. globally, total minutes Gartner Research predicts that spent on social networks social networking services will monthly saw a more than replace e-mail as the primary 100% gain over the same communications vehicle for period last year. 20% of business users by 2014.
20. Traditional CRMhttp://thebrandbuilder.wordpress.com/
22. The difference....Social CRM combines the customers’ transaction data with their social/ lifestyle data
23. Deﬁning Social CRM• Source: the brandbuilder..... Olivier Blanchard.... (note: work-in-progress) SOCIAL CRM IS A BUSINESS FUNCTION SUPPORTED BY A SYSTEM AND TECHNOLOGIES WHOSE AIMS ARE TO IMPROVE A COMPANY’S ABILITY TO DERIVE INSIGHTS INTO CUSTOMER NEEDS AND BEHAVIOURS BY ADDING TO THEIR TRANSACTIONAL DATA THE LIFESTYLE DATA THEY SHARE ONLINE.
35. Case Study: Columbia House TextText Text !"#$%&&()*"!"#$%&()"&%*+,%"-.&,%/0+.&0"123"+&$"4%*5&"6."*."7%+$"6." 7%+$"8567"$%6/+-6./09"-:+/5()";50<%/-%<.&09"%+6"0.;%"-/.8"+&$"*+5&"0.;%" -/%$545:56)"(./"6=/&5&*"+/.=&$"67%"4=05&%00";.$%:" +#,#-(&$./01#/*#$2(3)45$>+::".&"06/.&*"+$,.-+6%0"(./">.:=;45+"?.=0%" 4/+&$"6."7%:<">?"4=5:$",.5-%"85675&"67%"(./=;0@"
36. Case Study: Columbia House Stellar Results !"#$%#&()"* •  !"#$%&()*")"*+&) Just another vote FOR CH Canada. ,+%--./0)12.3%*)%-()44!5) /",3%.)#(3%)(&"6) Ive had no problem with numerous +,-+"./*012*/*34* orders from them, along with great •  789+&):&)/+3$$3-;)"<&/) =3.(()3564*,()#"."* prices, occasional free shipping, and %7"#*7"#-"*8,9:* bonus DVDs. %#8"#.>) •  ?"*%.)&6-@)A&"#)78):&) I’m amazed at how much they /+3$$3-;)"<&/)B@36%.-*) try to make everyone happy *")554*%$*#"7"(;"* & take in their input. They’re -"("#/"8*$%#*(* doing a great job at trying 7"#-"*&%(/+<* to get everything right.! while i haven’t ordered from chcanada in….short version, I give a quite some time, i still frequent the threadthumbs-up to CH Canada…. I and certainly appreciate the comments andhave no complaints and wouldeasily recommend CHC. ! inititiave shown by the chcanada staff. when is the last time you saw an amazon or futureshop/BB rep come in and ask us what we like? NEVER!!
37. CH Canada: the Discussion has Changed
38. CH Canada: the Testimonial “Social networking not only provided an open line of communication with customers, it also provided a product/offer testing arena, an ever-ready focus group, a source of testimonials, and for this business – our highest value customers.” Rob Weatherall, Director of Marketing
39. Beneﬁts evolved...• Improved insights from consumers about products or services• Leveraged opportunities to listen and engage• Gain insights about competitors• Risk mitigation• Provision of early warning signs for PR• Reduce marketing spend http://socialmediatoday.com/pervarakapadia/164956/beneﬁts-online-reputation-management-social-media
40. Social CRM: the Technologies
41. Extended Customer Mgt and Solutions Ecosystem
42. Customer Targeting Product Lifecycle Mgt. Enterprise Mgt Marketing Demographic Targeting Ecommerce Social media and networks solutions that support • deﬁning and developing new prods and services • prioritizing the most appropriate target markets • communicating offers to best audiences for products and services.
43. Customer Acquisition Customer Targeting: Salesforce Product Lifecycle Mgt. Product Lifecycle Enterprise Mgt Marketing Mgt.applications that support• contacting customers to Partnership Ecommerce Relationship Mgt Social media andsolicit interest in products networksand services Revenue Pricing• conﬁguring solutions Mgt• setting prices• quoting solutions that support deﬁning and Order Mgt• contracting developing new prods and Customer services, prioritizing the most Lifecycle Mgt.• taking customer orders appropriate target markets, communicating offers toRatings and best audiences for products andReviews, Forums, services. Microblogging, Social Networks
44. Customer Retention technologies that support customers in pre & post sales scenarios • responding to queries pre purchase • scheduling installs, repairs • billing • diagnosing customer problems • routing customer queries • problem resolutionEBPP IVR Customer Contact Loyalty, Q&A structure Field Service Platforms, Mgt Customer Community service and integrations support
45. Customer Collaboration technologies that support • working collaboratively withCustomer customersCommunity • enabling customers to interact with Platforms and support each other Customer •Both enable: forums • stronger customer insight • energizing brand advocacy • self-service solutions • direct to consumer feedback Customer Loyalty, Q&A Platforms, Community integrations
46. Customer Insight solutions that support • collecting feedback from customers • analyzing/reporting customer info • maintaining up-to-date and accurate data about customers and interactions with the company Enterprise Feedback Mgt Online Customer Business Intelligence developercommunities Customer Data Management Listening Platforms
47. Are you ready?• Is your organization committed?• Can you put people before tools?• Are you willing to invest in your audience?• Can you spell INTEGRATION?• Can you accept failure?• Are ALL key departments in the game?• Can you handle the skeletons in the closet?
48. BUSINESSES THAT LEVERAGE SOCIAL TO SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFORM CUSTOMERRELATIONSHIPS WILL DEEPEN CUSTOMERRELATIONSHIPS, DRIVE OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCIES AND OPTIMIZE THE WORKFORCE.
49. in the words of @garyvee...
50. Gary Vaynerchuck When he was not yet 30, he grew his company from 2 million a year to over 50 million in 7 years “We are verging on the thankyou economy.... give a shit about your customers.... care about them”
51. Gary VaynerchuckWe’re not really good at knowingwhat we want, and we are very quickto say “this sucks”. That’s where theopportunity lies. It’s not about what you’re saying, it’s about how you listen. Customer service is the new business.All marketing is going to get back to the way it used to be in theButcher Shop or Mom and Pop store where they knew your name,your kids name and your dogs name. That’s the way humans like itand this is what twitter and facebook can provide businesses today.
52. Gary Vaynerchuck I could care less about the platform. Its all about the message. Legacy is greater than currency. Your brand equity is everything and sustainable.Dont cheese it up. Peoples bullshit radarsare insane. Marketing is about to get really,really hard. If youre just doing social mediato keep up with the Joneses - dont We are massively underestimating this culture shift... We are in the era of the humanization of business. Were living by small town rules again.
53. Thank You twitter: @hessiejones g+: http://gplus.to/hessiejlinkedin: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/hessiejones1 facebook: http://facebook.com/hessie.jones