• Headquarters: London
• Third largest energy company and fourth largest
company in the world measured by revenues.
• Produces 3.8 million barrels of oil per day
• Founded in 1909
• Chairman: Carl-Henric Svanberg
April 20, 2010
• BP has recently been under much scrutiny
due to the tragic oil spill caused by them
off the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
• The spill killed 11 workers, and caused all
marine life to tragically suffer.
Gulf of Mexico
• Not only did the spill reek havoc among
many species of marine life, but damaged
the Gulf Coasts economy as well.
• Specifically the tourism and fishing
It’s time for a change…
• Due to the recent oil spill, BP is in much
need of damage control.
• SEO, and a Variety of Social Media
resources will benefit the public’s feelings
• Google Tools will be beneficial as well.
• It is crucial that BP builds a better
relationship not only will consumers but
all Americans as well.
Social Media Cont…
• By using facebook and similar resources
BP will be able to connect with their
consumers which will then allow them to
understand what they need to do to get
their image back.
• Every company’s main goal is to
understand the consumer.
• BP should use SEO to direct their
consumers not to their website but the sites
they have created, that inform the
consumers about what they are doing to
improve the Gulf and what they are doing
to help the economy.
• Allow them to measure consumer click’s
• Measure popularity of sites presented
• Understand where they are going wrong
• Because Oil is crucial to make the world
run, there is no seasonal peak or reason to
increase SEO, Social Media, or Google use
at any particular time.
• Bp is not in need of revenue they are
purely in need of a better image to
maintain their customers.
• Recently a South Park episode has created a parody
about BP’s Tony Hayword
• I have attached the actual apology and the South Park
• While the show’s goal was to poke fun at BP, if the
company does not react poorly it could actually benefit
their image, or at least create consumer awareness.
• Hayward, South Park