1. Write a straight fact news story based on the following details which are given at random. Follow the inverted pyramid structure.
- program on Octo. 10 (this year), Monday, 3 p.m.., Social Hall
- sponsored by Junior Assembly
- to honor Albert Francia, “Mambibigkas ng Taon,” Jubaira Riga, “Mutya ng Maynila,” Alex Solivet, 2 nd place in the “Timpalak Bigkasan”
- officers of the Junior Assembly; Judel Roman, president; Reinier Magnayon, vice president; Sheila Camacho, secretary;-treasurer; Mr. Rodrigo Duque, adviser
- other program highlights: folk dance, III-1 girls; vocal solo, Jacel Kiram; musical number, PNCLS Rondalla
2. Write an action story based on the following facts given at random.
- Heavy rains according to a military report triggered the landslide
- Seven unidentified bodies have been recovered and seven survivors taken to a hospital for treatment, said Sgt. Angelito Bongosia, a deputy officer at the Regional Unified Command in Davao City.
- About 100 people were buried in a landslide
- Date: yesterday (Supply the date)
- Second such disaster in a week
- At gold mining site in Davao del Norte, in a Diat Village 30 kilometre north of Pantukan
- The avalanche killed the gold miners and their families
- Military scout rangers and volunteers from a local miner’s association are continuing search and rescue efforts, the report said
- The landslide was the latest disaster at the gold mining site in Davao which has attracted thousands of fortune hunters mostly farmers
- Using picks and chisels, the miners who often bring along their families into the mountains and scoop up earth containing gold dust
- They wash the gold in streams or rivers using wooden pans
Writing editorial articles
Write editorials based on the following facts
a. Across the street from the school are comic stands where students flock during their off-periods. They spend their snack money on comic magazines and stay there reading until the bell rings for their next periods. Write an editorial based on these facts.
b. It is the Foundation Week of your school. Write an editorial of tributes to a hero or person who is the namesake of your school.
c. Drug addiction is again rampant in the community. What should be done about it? Write an editorial using any of the types you have learned.
Writing Feature Articles
Write a short feature article out of some facts with human interest from the daily papers.
Write an anecdote of the most unforgettable experience that has a moral lesson
Clip some of examples of personalities, experiences and adventures, description, narratives and backgrounders.
Writing a sports article
Write a basketball story based on the following facts. Supply the headline with the correct scores.
- quarterscore: 21-16,43-42, 69-68, 96-91
- the victory gave PNU Blue the 3 rd conference title in the State Colleges and Universities Athletic Association (SCUAA)
- the first two conferences were won by the Up Green
- :My boys seemed to have lost their confidence in their shooting. The referees were making bad calls againsts us, “ said UP coach Arnel Laparan.
- Highest pointers for PNU were F. Vendivel, 18; J. Chan, 14; R. Garcia, 14; D. Varela, 12, J. Arciaga, 10.
- Morales fouled out with six minutes left in the final period and Arellano followed him to the bench with 1:07 in a vain attempt to stop the redhot Vendivel.
- The game was played at the PNU gym. Attendance was 1,000 Saturday night.
- Garcia keyed breakaway from 69-68 lead.
- PNU missed free throws and lost Arciaga on fouls with three minutes 10 seconds remaining in the game
Submit the articles in my e-mail address
[email_address] or [email_address]
or upload in my website at www.nanmysite.webs.com or www.loveswriting.webs.com