Getting Started in your
NCVPS Spanish Course
● _____ **Getting Started Required Synchronous
● _____How to check/send your teacher a
● _____ Getting Started Lesson w/ Final Quiz
● _____ Getting Started with eLinguaFolio
● _____ Academic Integrity Quiz
Unidad 1 Una
● _____ What type of online learner are you?
● _____ Getting Started with Blackboard IM
● Lección 1
● _____ How to complete an assignment
(Uploading a file/document)
○ _____ Práctica de Vocabulario
● _____ How to complete an assignment (Written
● _____ How to complete an assignment (Voice
○ _____ Actividades de Vocabulario
○ _____ Prueba de Vocabulario
○ _____ Práctica de Gramática
Access Voiceboards, Forums &
other Tools from the Activities
Bar on the left of your screen.
Forums is a great way to
Access The Learning Block
Voiceboars are also available
from this bar.
Forums page from
the Activities Tool
Check this EVERY
Read your Learning Block Announcements
There will be helpful tips, reminders, notes,
videos and student shout outs posted daily.
Please post these comments to the
6) Attach any files you like by clicking
Add and selecting your file.
1) Click the Forum title.
7) When finished, click the Post To
2) Clcik Add A New Discussion
Topic button on the right hand side of
3) Write the Title of your post in the
Subject box, usually your first & last
4) Type your comments and text in the
5) Upload any pictures by clicking the
Photo image and selecting your file to
Always make sure to proofread your
post because you only have 30 minutes
to make changes to the post. Also
make sure to follow ALL directions
completely to receive full credit.
Also its always a good idea to check
your Forum Post after you post it to see
if it looks alright or needs any
Voiceboard Configuration Help
Please try these 10 things to try to get the Voice Board to work:
1) Make sure to use only Mozilla Firefox web browser for the Voiceboard assignements.
2) Make sure to allow popups from ncvps.blackboard.com.
3) Make sure you run the Setup Wizard. Once you enter the Voice Board, click the button
that says "Setup Wizard" at the top right or bottom part of the screen and follow the
4) Use a computer with speakers and a mic with the volume turned ON. Don't laugh...it
could be you. :)
5) Visit the 24 Help Desk at www.help.ncvps.org Make sure to have the error message
handy as this is key to fixing your computer's problem
6) Talk to your teacher or school technology facilitator for help. My cell phone # is (252)
256-7082. Call me ASAP to get a quick fix.
7) Once you get it working use the same computer. If not you will have go through all of this
again on a different computer.
8) Send me the text of the error message in an email.
9) Make sure you have the latest Java update here
10) You can always call my cell phone, (252) 256-7082, and leave a voice mail for your
To send Course Emails,
This is a great way to
get in touch with me,
submit assignments and
Go here to complete
your How to
Teacher a Message