Questions will pass
10 for direct answer and 5 for pass
Team can choose their questions from the Q-bank
Rules for Buzzer
Once the question is read, any team can claim it on buzzer
Team that claims it on buzzer will have to write the answer only on paper
10 Points for correct answer and (-3) for wrong answer
Owning team will start answering (on mike) once Q-master verifies the written
If the owning team claims Q on buzzer, 20 points for correct answer and 3 negative
points for wrong answer
Felice ___________, an Italian, first introduced this concept in India
starting in Mumbai in 1965 by forming a company of the same name.
His views were way ahead of his time and thus the company didn't do
well and started showing tremendous loses. An Indian family saw
some potential and bought over the company in 1969 & the company
managed to keep the same brand name.
Since 1995, the company has started expanding operations
substantially and the turn over has multiplied more than 20 times over
a period of 10 years and the average growth rate has been around 40%
over this period. Moreover they command a 60% market share of the
organized market. Identify this legendary brand.
“I unhesitatingly recommend this
movie which should be seen by
everyone”– This celebrity endorsement
to a movie came from the then election
commissioner of India T.N.Seshan and
was included in the hoardings and ads.
Name the movie.
•750 solid white gold **** with piston
converter, with a fine hand brushed linen
structure on cap and barrel
•Fever opal on the clip (approx. 0.1 ct)
•Hand-crafted rhodium-plated 18 K gold ***
•The emblem in mother-of-pearl
What are we talking about?
In 1971, the Senior X announced his decision to sell Company “Z” to
Kolkata-based industrialist R P Goenka and settle abroad. But Y, then
26 years old, ignored his father's advice that they could live like lords
in Switzerland with the money. With help from his mother Dina and
mentors such as J R D Tata, Y began by garnering 11 per cent of the
company shares and went on to persuade the employees to pool their
savings and buy shares to prevent the sale. The ploy worked and X,
forced to abandon the sale, retired a few years later to be succeeded
as chairman by his son Y.
Who is Y ?
Y - Nulsi Wadia
Z - Bombay Dyeing
X - Nevellie Wadia
Founder of Silicon Valley companies
Mahati (a visual effects company) and
Galvanon (Acquired by NCR) was in
Kollywood news last year.
How do we know him as?
Q - 11
James Wilson, the founder of The
Economist, founding director of
Standard Chartered Bank is best
remembered in India for other reason.
What is it?
Q - 11
150 years ago, he gave India’s first
Budget Speech, in his capacity as
Finance Member of the India
Council that advised the Viceroy of
Q - 12
How is Richard Madley associated
with Indian sports?
Q - 12
The Famous British auctioneer who
conducts players’ auction for IPL every
Q - 13
Little Cumbrae, a Scottish isle was
bought recently for about £2 million by
Scottish couple Sam and Sunita
Poddar and gifted to X, a superstar in
his field. His NPO will turn over at least
£20 million this year. Name X.
Q - 14
At first X approached Y to give him a slot to start
his business. X recalls that he couldn't get an
appointment with Y and was directed to a junior
executive who rejected his proposal, saying it
wouldn't work as there wasn't a big enough market.
Perseverance paid and 18 years hence, X runs the
India's most valuable listed company in their
Identify X and Y.
Q - 14
X - Kalanidhi Maran
Y - Subash Chandra
Q - 15
The share of EDC (Energy Development
Company), which was trading around Rs
81 on the BSE on January 11, fell 25 per
cent and closed at Rs 60 on January 29.
With which recent hot political news will
you associate this?
Q - 15
Samajwadi Party (SP) removing Amar
Singh from the party. EDC is the company
promoted by Amar Singh.
• Kodak Theatre – Venue for Oscar Awards
• Brownie – Famous cameras from Kodak
• Steve McCurry used Kodachrome for his well-known 1984 portrait of
Sharbat Gula, the "Afghan Girl" for the National Geographic magazine
• KODAK KAI-0371 Image Sensors served as the “eyes” of the
Sojourner Rover that first traveled on the surface of Mars
C.Sivasankaran of Siva Ventures
• Sterling Computers (now Sterling Infotech) from Robert Amritraj,
father of the Indian tennis star, Vijay Amritraj, in the 80s.
• Started Aircel in Tamilnadu – Dhoni is the Brand Ambassador for
• UK Currency – Pound Sterling
• Aiwo – Health Food chain started by Sivasankaran
• Amby Valley – Holds a stake of 49 % in Amby Valley
• Alfred Nobel – Famous Owner of Bofors Company from 1894 until his
death in 1896
• The Reporter Chitra Subramanian of THE HINDU obtained the private
diary of Bofors MD. THE HINDU was the first to burst the scandal.
• Edvige Antonia Albina Maino – Original name of Sonia Gandhi
• Indian Airlines – Rajiv Gandhi once worked as Pilot with Indian
• Eni – Quattrocchi came to India as the representative of Italian Oil
and Gas Firm ENI
• Actual Image of Mont Blanc Location
• Anil Kapoor – Brand Ambassador for Mont Blanc in India
• Mont Blanc recently released special collection pen to mark the
Gandhi’s Dandi March
• Delhi – 6 – Chandni Chowk Area – Red Fort : Sonam Kapoor also
features in the Mont Blanc ad with her father Anil Kapoor.
• Saravana Stores was the inspiration to start BIG BAZAAR
• BRIC Nations – Roopa Purushothaman –Co-author of this report
was an employee of Future Group
• Anil Kumble – Once endorsed “ INDIGO NATION ” – the brand
owned by Future Group
• Carrefour logo – JV with future group
Here is your chance to win exciting prizes !!
Audience - 1
• Old logo of Deutsche Bank
• Twin Towers Head Quarters of Deutsche Bank,
Frankfurt , Germany
• Sania Mirza and Sunil Gavaskar have endorsed
Deutsche Bank cards in India
• Gateway of India - Appears in their print
Audience - 2
• Vinod Dham – Worked for NCR and AMD ( Vishwanathan Anand is the
brand ambassador for AMD ). Father of Pentium Chip.
• He was on the board of ISB, Hyderabad and Satyam Computers
• Currently he is heading a company called “ Silicon Spice ”
Rapid Fire Round
Identify the logos and Personalities
Open to all 5 teams on stage
Total time : 45 secs
Total no of questions : 15
2 points for every correct answer
Answer to be written on the answer sheet
Quiz Master’s decision is final