4. You have theright to yourownpersonalgoals, beliefsand basichumanrights.
5. Citizens commit themselves to makingdecisions that are in the best interest ofall the people in their…community, state, and nation.
6. People willbe treatedfairly in thecourts andby thegovernment.All people should have thesame opportunity to pursuethe good things in life.
7. Legal Equality: Everyone has equalrights under the law.Political Equality: Everyone has theright to participate in government.No Discrimination because of race,gender, religion, ethnic background,or economic class.
8. Diversitycan promotenew ideasand growthin a society.In a diversesociety,respect andtolerance areessential.
9. Governmentofficialsdevelop thetrust of thepeople byrefraining fromlying.Thegovernmentshould shareinformation thepeople need tomake importantdecisions.
10. Be a goodcitizen byvoting andlearningabout issuesfacing yourcountry.Participate indiscussionsto help makeyour countryeven better.Demonstrateyour devotionto your countrythroughservice.
11. The people have the right andresponsibility to participate in thepolicy making process ofgovernment.
12. No one is abovethe law.
14. Through elections citizens choosewho will represent them in national,state, and local governments.
15. It is the responsibility of government toprotect the individual rights of its citizens.
16. Freedom of conscience in matters ofreligious belief is a fundamental right of allAmericans, protected by the FirstAmendment.
17. All branchesof the militaryare ultimatelycontrolled bycivilians in theUSgovernment.The Congress,elected by thepeople, declareswar.The President, electedby the people, isCommander-in-Chief.