1. The 4 Keys to Successful Video Distribution SXSW 2012 Ben Henretig, Founder & Creative Director
2. No distribution = No impact
3. Most videos fail.
4. community relations conferences fundraising internalstewardship communications communications PRacknowledgment events social media s donation pages email recruiting presentations best-place-to-work submissions blog website activism one-on-one pre-movie screening government relations
5. fundraising recruiting The Stanford Fund 24,000 Views Increased donor participation by 23% Achieved 60% donor participation 575 Clicked “Make a Loan” Giving amount was double all-time record 1511 Clicked “Apply to be a Fellow” activism call for submissions 44,000 views2,000 letters of support150 top VC signatures 2,800+ tweets 1,000+ video submissions
6. Maximizing the Impact of Your Videos
7. 1. Optimize video hosting before distribution• Apply for non- profit status on YouTube.• Include Call-to- Action at the end of your video for 5+ seconds.• Optimize title, description, &tags, include action link.
8. 2. Coordinate & deploy all of your owned media assets • Choose a launch date. • Plan internal launch event to leverage personal networks. • Post to social channels (Blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) • Include in email newsletter / run targeted email campaign. • Show at an existing event
9. 3. Deliver value to earn distribution.• Create original content, not promos.• Make it easy to share.• Engage bloggers & top ambassadors.
10. 4. Build paid distribution into your budget.• Start with something. Even $1 a month.• Run a YouTube promoted videos campaign.• Include your video in a banner ad.
11. Thank you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: “SXSW Distribution Resources”for access to our online distribution resources. Follow me: @henretig Follow microdox: @microdox