• OUR GOAL: to see what we eat daily
• 190 students and teachers participated
• The food pyramid: as a reference of the
quantities of the different groups of food
• Data collection: we used a chart to check what
we eat daily (5 meals a day) during one week
• We checked as well how long we spend
exercising each day
OUR FOOD HABITS: results
• Something negative is that we eat too much
• Although our daily consumption of the
different food groups is healthy, the
percentage of fish consumption remains low
• Almost 50% of the students keep a low level
of daily phisical activity.
BODY MASS INDEX:
• Studies carried out in Spain in 1990, showed that
17% of teenagers were overweight.
• Nowadays, in Spain, 12% of teenagers are
overweight and 13% obese; which makes a total of
• In 2000, in Castilla y León, our Region, the
percentage of students was 17% (including
overweight and obese).
• In our school, under 14% of our students are
overweight or obese, slightly under the region
average and much lower than the national average.