View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Agenda/ Contents1. Introduction of Nepal2. Flash Freight Logistics in Nepal3. Services4. Major Business Houses in Nepal5. SWOT Analysis6. Major Projects Handled7. Our Warehouses in Nepal8. Pictures
1. Introduction of Nepal •Latitudes: 26° & 31°N Size & •Longitudes 80° & 89°E Extent •800 Km (497 mi) long •North : China •South : IndiaBoundaries •East : India •West: : IndiaRegions of •75 Districts Nepal •14 administrative zones •5 development zones •147,181 Sq. Kms (0.3% total area of Asia) Area •Average width from North to South :193kms
Fact Sheet Of NepalCapital of Nepal •Kathmandu – population 835,000 •Mountain Region – 25% of the total area Topography •Hilly Region – 50% of the total area •Terai Region – 25% of the total area • Kosi • Narayani Major Rivers • Karnali • Many small rivers rise below the permanent snowline. •Total population : 29.5 (in millions) Population •Population Growth Rate : 1.9% (2007-2009) •Average Population in Urban area : 17.2 (2008)
Language • Nepali Major • 80% rural areaSettlement Literacy • 55% RatePer capital • USD 452 income
Fact File Being land-locked the only port opened for Nepal is situated in eastern India China’s railway link to Tibetan Nepal border will route via inland Because of the geographical location Nepal is a transit country between China and India traffic. Major earning is from tourism. Truly an import driven market.
Nepal GDP Growth for Five Years Data Sources: IMF, World Bank, UN, OECD, CIA World Factbook GDP Growth in % 2005 6 2006 4 2007 2 2008 2009 0 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 GDP - real growth Year Rank Percent Change Date of Information rate 2006 2.70 % 154 -10.00 % 2005 est. 2007 1.90 % 191 -29.63 % 2006 est. 2008 3.20 % 153 68.42 % 2007 est. 2009 4.70 % 91 46.88 % 2008 est. 2010 4.70 % 29 0.00 % 2009 est.GDP Per Capita (Current Prices, US Dollars) for Nepal in year 2009 is US$ 451.941.
Nepal GDP Growth Forecast for Five Years Data Sources: IMF, World Bank, UN, OECD, CIA World Factbook• Nepal is among the poorest and Nepal has considerable scope for exploiting its least developed countries in the potential in hydropower, with an estimated world, with almost one-third of its 42,000 MW of feasible capacity, but political population living below the instability hampers foreign investment. poverty line. Agriculture is the mainstay of the Additional challenges to Nepals growth include economy, providing a livelihood its technological backwardness, landlocked for three-fourths of the population geographic location, civil strife and labor unrest, and accounting for about one- and its susceptibility to natural disaster. third of GDP.• Industrial activity mainly involves the processing of agricultural GDP Growth products, including pulses, jute, sugarcane, tobacco, 6.00% 2010 and grain. During the global recession of 2009, remittances 2011 from foreign workers abroad 4.00% increased 47% to $2.8 billion while 2012 tourist arrivals only decreased 1% 2.00% compared to the previous year. 2013 2014 0.00%
2. Flash Freight Logistics • Established in partnership2003 • Acquired Agency of DB Schenker India2004 • Birgunj branch office was established2007 • Nepalgunj and Pokhara offices/warehouses were established2010 • Transformed from Partnership to Sole Proprietorship2011
Organization Chart – FFL Head Office Thomas Murray Director Loknath Pokhrel General Manager Sanjay Pandey Shrijana Bhattarai Rajendra K.C Aruna Sigdel Asst. Manager - Executive - Customer Sr. Executive - Manager - Pricing/Sales Operations Service Accounts Bhuvan Pawan Santosh Rai Tarun Gupta Pratima Rai Sunil Sharma Karki Shrestha Inland Custom Customer Receptionist Accountant Executive - Air Sr. Executive Operations Clearance Service Commercials Operations Aeroparts Ranjan Kul Bahadur Bodh Kumar Binita MagarBinod Kaji Gupta Rana karki OfficeOperations Operations Customs Executive - Executive - Assistant Clearance Projects Commercials Tina DahalBijay Shahi Executives -Operations Pricing
Flash Freight Offices in Nepal Head office in Kathmandu and 3 branches in Pokhara, Nepalgunj and Birgunj 19 Employees Flash Freight Logitics, DMC Building, 3rd Floor, Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Head Office11 Employees 11 Employees Flash Freight Flash Freight Logistics, Logistics, National Trading Nepal Food Corporation, Limited, Nepalgunj Birauta, Pokhara Mr. Ramesh Khadak Mr. Naresh Chandra Khanal Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 980103012 Mobile: 9801030302 Flash Freight Logistics, FFL has a 3 Employees Rastriya Banijay Bank workforce of 43 Building, Room no. 228, Adharshanagar, Birgunj Employees in Mr. Tarun Gupta Nepal Mobile: 9803382545
IT Infrastructure •Samsung, LG, Sharp, Akira, HimstarElectronics, Electrical, Vehicles & •DAIHATSU, S Sang Yong, FORD, Skoda Auto AS, Volkswagen AG Medical Equipment •HUMAN GMBH, TOSHIBA/BELDIN, Johnson Diversy •Nokia, Motorola, Siemens , Canon, Kodak, Fujito, Apple •Jeans Jean SA, Cantine Sgarziluigi SRL, Zimmermann- Graeff & Muller •Collin Bourisset, Camus Wines & Spirits, Vine Ventisquero Wines & Consumer Products •Cranswick wines Australia Pty. Ltd, Moncigale SA, Procter & Gamble •Collin Bounsset, Pocelanosa, Blay International, •Frozen Meat •Aviall Internal, ATR France, DAO Aviation, BAE European Logistics Aero parts •Ruag Aerospace Service, Execujct Maintenance Pty. Ltd •Sky Aviation Ltd, Hortzell Propeller •Power/Water •Telecom, Hydropower Projects •Road/Rails, Civil Construction •Civil Aviation
IT Infrastructure • We use rental server located in USA powered by UPS and Fuel Generator Server • Server : 100Mbit Link For storage of our internal data one backup server HP • Intel based laptops and desktops running latest MicrosoftSystem Infrastrucure Operating System Network • Working with DB Schenker India for the past 7 years • Have access to DB Schenker global network world wide Infrastructure ISP / Email • Speed 1 Mbps , Cable connection on lease bases. • All Flash Freight employees are reachable via internet email. • Facility provided to customers to track shipments via Tracking www.flashfreight.com
3. Flash Freight Services Custom ConsolidatedOcean Freight Air Freight Clearance – Air Cargo – & Sea Air/Sea Complete Leasing of Tracking of Logistics – Aero Parts Fork Lifts and ShipmentDoor to Door Pulleys Local SiteWarehousing Distribution Delivery
Major Import/Export CommoditiesAn agricultural land locked country, rich in natural resources – not yetbeen fully explored.Its largely an Import market. Totally dependent on its neighboringcountries and third countries for importing all commodities and dailyconsumer products. Almost all foreign brands are available.Exports• Hand knotted woolen carpets• Garments• Traditional handicrafts• Herbs• Tea• Pashmina• Nepali Rice paper
Regional Breakdown of Total Trade of Nepal Export Asia Import Africa 1% 1% 2% European Union 2%3%0% 8% 1% 4% 11% Europ (excluding E.U) USA 79% 88% Oceania
5. SWOT Analysis •Global Network – Schenker Strength •Comprehensive setup / Single window service •Good reputation in the market •Team •Limited resources Weakness •Pricing especially Sea Freight •Not having excess to Schenker RCM •Identifying and targeting new business sectors •Third party warehousing facilitiesOpportunities •Inland transport from China to Nepal •Hydropower Projects •Fairs & HHR •Shipping line direct access to customers Threats •Increasing numbers of competitors •Unstable Government and Political Conflict
6. Major Projects handled Tele Sonera 1.5 million GSM Project (Equipments supplied by Ericsson/NSN, ZTE & Huawei ) including site deliveries. Nepal Telecom 3.5 million GSM Project Power Transformers for Nepal Electricity Corporation. Earth Moving equipments for Komatsu Nepal. Hunan Hydro Power Year 2007-2008 All onward Hydro Generating Equipment Year 2007-2008 Cement plants construction and equipments for ROLPA & KEPY Industries. Year 2009-2010