ICT Applied to English Teaching- 2010
Assignment N° 2: Educational Software – Authoring Tools
- To produce electronic material using Hot Potatoes as authoring tools.
- To apply self-assessment and peer-assessment techniques.
TASKS: (Individual or in pairs)
- Think of a possible unit of work (topic based) and the level of the students you
would like to plan this unit for.
- Use the 5 exercise-builders in Hot Potatoes to create tasks for your students (Jclose;
JMatch; JQuizz; JCross and JMix). Each task should have no fewer than 10 points
to be completed or done. Take into account that each activity should have a clear
objective which you will need to explain later in your assessment.
- Use the Hot Potatoes function called “The Masher” to create an index to your work.
- Write a brief unit plan explaining how this unit of work will be completed.
Peer review: To be done (at the end of class 6)
- You will be given another group’s work to assess. Use the list of questions on page
116 in Dudeney & Hockly (2007) How to Teach English with Technology to assess
your partner’s work. Write your assessment on your partner’s profile in the social
- Upload all your files to campus (Assignment N° 2) – Due date, class 7: Wednesday
- Write your self assessment in the social network.
- Present your unit of work to the class.
Prof. Paula Ledesma - 2010