ICT Applied to English Teaching- 2010
Assignment 1: History of Education Technology
- To learn about the most relevant historical moments in the history of Education
- To apply previous knowledge of the uses of software to create presentations (e.g.
Microsoft Power Point)
- To apply some knowledge of the application of Microsoft Word to create materials
TASKS: (Individual or in pairs)
- Use the links below, and any other you consider relevant, to learn about the history
of Education Technology.
- Select the most relevant information and create a presentation (Try to add images
and animation, no more than 10 slides, include sources).
- Create a form as assessment sheet for the class using Microsoft Word (10 points).
- Educational Technology Timeline. Created by the CI 335 / CS 317 students at the
University of Illinois, 1999. http://cter.ed.uiuc.edu/cter2/ci335/timeline.html
- History, the History of Computers, and the History of Computers in Education
- Baldwin, R. (n.d.) School Technology in Education. http://www.answers.com/topic/
- Educational Technology. In Wikepedia
- SammyC (2007). History of Education Technology.
For those who would like to try more- work online. Use one of the following sites to place
the most relevant events in a timeline. Then share it with the class group
Create your timeline here: