SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
Write a Java GUI application to allow you to experiment with colors and fonts. The general appearance of you GUI should be something similar to the following: ...
Write a Java GUI application to allow you to experiment with colors and fonts. The general appearance of you GUI should be something similar to the following:
Your program must meet the following requirements:
1. Do not use any of the GUI editing capabilities of Eclipse for this assignment. Do all the GUI layout work based on what you have learned in class in the last 2 weeks.
2. You can use either inheritance or composition to get a JFrame into your application.
3. All member variables must be private.
4. The GUI and event handling setup must be done in the constructor of your GUI class or in privatemethods called from the constructor. Hint: it would seem logical to have a private method to build the top, left, and bottom panels.
5. The main text field (the red one above) will be used to show the results from the selection of font size, bold and italic selection, and foreground and background color selection.
6. The display must have a label and JTextField where the user inputs a font size value and which must appear in the upper part of the frame as shown above.
7. There must also be 2 check boxes that will control whether the font has bold and/or italic characteristics and which must appear in the upper part of the frame as shown above.
8. There must be a set of 3 radio buttons which are used to set the foreground and background colors of the main text field (the one in red above). The third button is used to reset the background of the main text field to white, and the foreground of the main text field to black. The three radio buttons must appear in the bottom part of the frame.